CFD Digital Radio Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
It's Alive ! LOL...

Whole alot of testing today throughout the city. Currently in the Sears Tower, tested from the Sky Deck without issues.

h00sierdaddy

I hate to sound like an idiot... but, with the UHF-T digital, are there going to be talkgroups and control channels and such like regular 800MhZ trunked? Thanks!

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Is the CFD using the UHF Channels? I'll be up there Tues coming up looking forward to hear it sounds and stuff. I hope to have all the uhf freq's right or can someone message me them since the main part of DB is down for city of chicago.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Is the CFD using the UHF Channels? I'll be up there Tues coming up looking forward to hear it sounds and stuff. I hope to have all the uhf freq's right or can someone message me them since the main part of DB is down for city of chicago.

Not for day-to-day operations yet. Alot of testing going on.

Astro25

I'm surprised that this just made the news. Years ago they got issued XTS3000s (along with CPD) and just recently started phasing out their old Saber 2's and issuing XTS5000 Model 1's (and 2s for the LTs and Batt. Chiefs)

RoninJoliet

Premium Subscriber
Today hearing the CFD grid testing again on one of seven 476 -478 mgz UHF conventional freqys, 476.6875 calling it "CWide-South", they sounded great in clear digital here in Joliet using my Uniden 396 and GRE500 on a Channel Master 5094A antenna with 9913 coax up 35'...They were at the "Opera House" and at Ohare using the grid phrase "Atootsie roll is round'!!..Even they commented how well it sounded on each floor....My Uniden 396 did better on receiving themthan the GRE500 which does great on Starcom...They seem to be using allthe freqys on call sign WPSG985....

RADIOGUY2002

Its not a deocde issue as much as

Its not a deocde issue as much as it is getting used to the digital p25 audio differences. Its like bannans as opposed to oranges. But I see alot of improvement over all and they seem very commited to testing it before the front line gets it (that alone says somthing, I have a strong feeling this is going to be a role model based system, another words 99.99 % accuarte, always leave room for error no matter what. Before you eat your own words.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
Ill be driving through the city tommorow just wondering if i should prog in the old channel or have they moved to the new?

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Ill be driving through the city tommorow just wondering if i should prog in the old channel or have they moved to the new?

I got in today with a 5 hour delay due to plane problems.... I have not got my radio(s) out yet. How long are you going to be here?

N9JIG

Sheriff
They are still using the old VHF and UHF channels (154.130, 153.770 for Fire and 460.600 and 460.625 for EMS). Dave says that it will be a while yet before they switch to the T-Band digital system.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
They are still using the old VHF and UHF channels (154.130, 153.770 for Fire and 460.600 and 460.625 for EMS). Dave says that it will be a while yet before they switch to the T-Band digital system.

We have not even begun "training" yet on the new radios. My best guess for switchover would be by years end. Keep the old plugged in for awhile, but start shopping if you're a CFD listener.

Status
Not open for further replies.