Cfd p25 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
When CFD and CFD EMS switch over to the new digital channels what P25 modulation will be in use, C4FM or CQPSK? I just want to make sure I get everything correct in my radio.

Thanks for help,
Bob

jeeptime1

Any updates on this? We are almost at the switch-over deadline. Looking to get all of the system info updated.
-Bob

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
When CFD and CFD EMS switch over to the new digital channels what P25 modulation will be in use, C4FM or CQPSK? I just want to make sure I get everything correct in my radio.

Thanks for help,
Bob
Hi Bob:

Primary set up is conventional on my end. I don't like the way the current line-up of scanners handle single-channel P25 Trunking Systems. This system uses seperate Talkgroups for the OEMC Consoles and Mobile units which isn't always workable. I do have it set up in another system P25 single-channel trunked to see Radio ID's/Talkgroups if I would like, but my primary is how I described. Example:

System: CFD
Group 1..Zone (EMS)...all EMS related channels included
Group 2...Zone (FD)...all Fire related channels included..
etc....

Whatever works best for the individual...

rbrtklamp2

Premium Subscriber
Dave,
Bob is wanting to program a P25 radio on the "CFD Digital System" I would highly advise against it.
Don
Why would you highly advise against using a two way radio to monitor a convetional P25 channel/system. You set the personality to RX Only and there is no chance of TXing on it. I'm not trying to use it on a trunking system and I am not interfering with any communications in any way. You cant beat the sound of the audio from my XTS5000, XTS2500, APX7000 and XTL5000 I have it set up on especailly when compard to scanner audio. For any one who was wondering the CFD is using wideband 25KHz spacing with C4FM modulation. Some of us do actually know what we are doing.

JnglMassiv

rbrtklamp2 said:
You cant beat the sound of the audio from my XTS5000, XTS2500, APX7000 and XTL5000 I have it set up on especailly when compard to scanner audio.
I was home alone this past Saturday and had been goofing with one of my XTS5ks and set it aside & forgot about it. A couple hours later, I nearly soiled myself when a LOUD, life-life voice came from out of nowhere. The P25 audio is eerily 'present' on these radios, especially when you're not expecting anyone else at home!

backdrft76

The following 2 attachments are screenshots of the way I have Chicago Fire set up in a 996XT using FreeScan software. Not receiving anything in Lisle. Is this set up correct? I'm not worried about the ID's. Thanks!!

Hi Bob:

Primary set up is conventional on my end. I don't like the way the current line-up of scanners handle single-channel P25 Trunking Systems. This system uses seperate Talkgroups for the OEMC Consoles and Mobile units which isn't always workable. I do have it set up in another system P25 single-channel trunked to see Radio ID's/Talkgroups if I would like, but my primary is how I described. Example:

System: CFD
Group 1..Zone (EMS)...all EMS related channels included
Group 2...Zone (FD)...all Fire related channels included..
etc....

Whatever works best for the individual...

Attachments

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
The following 2 attachments are screenshots of the way I have Chicago Fire set up in a 996XT using FreeScan software. Not receiving anything in Lisle. Is this set up correct? I'm not worried about the ID's. Thanks!!
Looks right...no Quick Key set up I notice.

paperplate9

I was home alone this past Saturday and had been goofing with one of my XTS5ks and set it aside & forgot about it. A couple hours later, I nearly soiled myself when a LOUD, life-life voice came from out of nowhere. The P25 audio is eerily 'present' on these radios, especially when you're not expecting anyone else at home!
Yep, agree with this! Years ago, all I knew about P25 was from my 396. Now that I have a lot more time with XTSes & APXes, the quality of these radios cannot compare! For their purpose though (to deliver communications), I would say most scanners are probably fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.