CFRX 6070khz off air?

Status
Not open for further replies.

k9rzz

Noticed that I'm not hearing CFRX 6070khz this morning (they rebroadcast CFRB Toronto 1010khz).

Usually S9 all day long here in WI. If truly off, then it might be a DX opportunity for those of us who are within earshot of them 24/7.

Edit: not that there is much on this freq that can't be heard elsewhere ... perhaps the station in Belarus! LOL

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Glenn Hauser had them on today around 1240ut on the NASWA list, but evidently not at full power. So it seems likely they're having more transmitter issues..73 Mike

Haley

I was going to ask the same question. They were coming in fine at the begining of last week. But the last couple of nights nothing (at least for me). Mike

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
49M is a tricky band to begin with, especially in summer and with only 1,000W reception can be quite variable under changing band conditions. Transmitter difficulties can only be guessed at unless confirmed at the source, if you're curious enough a phone call should do it.

k9rzz

They are a one E skip hop for me. I usually hear them 24/7, now just have a weak het. I guess there was someone closer in reporting that the are on, but much weaker.

enemyace

It's been a while since I've heard them too. I'm in Grand Rapids Michigan and I used to have no trouble pulling them in. They were one of the first stations I QSL'd back in November 1970, listening on a converted war surplus Bendix MN 26 "Y" receiver.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
In the 'Listener's Notebook' column for the NASWA Journal, Glenn Hauser and Anker Peterson of the DX Window reported that Harold Sellers heard from Steve Canney that the transmitter has been off since at least Aug 11, and is back in NY awaiting repairs. No way to know when it will be back on the air.

Now is the time to dig on 6070 in the early mornings and see what else is there...73 Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.