• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

CH-104570 Tri-Chem Charger Woes…

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
Hey all, I bought a CH-104570 Tri Chemestry Multi Charger to charge my set of 7100Ps equipped with LiPo batteries. They charge on my individual chargers just fine, but on the multi charger, they charge for a while and then all go to a flash flash ‘fault condition’. I’ve tried a couple of different dip switch settings, to no avail. My understanding is that I should just be able to drop in whatever chemistry I have and it should charge. Am I missing something? Are the contacts too worn? Should I just snag another one?

TIA…

-B

merlin

I bought a 6 lot of those and of the bunch, only one seems to charge correctly.
The first, I had a NEW Li-Ion on a Jag700 and never switched out of high charge. An hour later, the battery smoked and poped.
4 others, never go rapid charge. They do charge batteries but takes forever.
There is a microswitch for Ni-Cd, if that fails, it will wipe out nicads.
If you get the error flash and know you have serviceable batteries, just re insert the battery(radio) and should go steady red in a few moments.
Shouldn't matter what pockets are used, each works the same.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I bought a 6 lot of those and of the bunch, only one seems to charge correctly.
The first, I had a NEW Li-Ion on a Jag700 and never switched out of high charge. An hour later, the battery smoked and poped.
4 others, never go rapid charge. They do charge batteries but takes forever.
There is a microswitch for Ni-Cd, if that fails, it will wipe out nicads.
If you get the error flash and know you have serviceable batteries, just re insert the battery(radio) and should go steady red in a few moments.
Shouldn't matter what pockets are used, each works the same.
Thanks merlin, that’s what is so strange… the way mine works is that if I insert dead batteries it will go to slow red pre-charge flash like it should, and it will charge the batteries (after a night of leaving them in the charger, the radios report full batteries), however instead of moving from pre-charge to rapid, then top-off, then ready, they just indicate pre-charge for what is apparently the full charge duration (could be in pre-charge for 10min. or a few hours, depending on the condition of the inserted battery) then all of the indicators move to the fast flash ‘fault’ indication… it’s so strange because the batteries do charge, but the charger only indicates pre-charge, and then fault. All six bays act the same way. I can get another for $40 used or $100 brand new…

-B

merlin

If all the pockets flash error, most likely the sum charging current is too high. Try getting a battery at a time to go past rapid (green)
then loading with multiple batteries should be no problem.
Your charge timing frame sounds a bit odd so you can't rule out some failure in the controller or SMPS.
I get slow red flash for about 15 seconds, then steady red. That is rapid rate. at full charge, slow green. That is like trickle topping off the battery.
Steady green is ready for use or may go back to slow green several minutes.
One observation though, is none of the lithium based batteries like to be 'topped off' or left on trickle.
A good battery full charge but not used should be ready to go perhaps months of drawer time.
Don't store depleted batteries, charge first, they last a lot longer.
> hey, what you call pre charge (red flash) doubles as a battery fault. if this goes past 3 minutes, try removing the battery a short while and try again. These chargers have no conditioning and likely the battery has sat depleted a while. Persistence, they may come back to life.

BMDaug

I am licensed…
Premium Subscriber
I’ll give that a shot. With the individual chargers I have, they charge perfectly and according to the date code on the batteries, they aren’t that old… it’s also so strange that after this ridiculous pattern of red flashing, the radios report full batteries and the charge lasts all day! If there weren’t any lights at all, I’d swear that the damn thing worked perfectly!

-B

merlin

A couple reads for you

Attachments

• TSM29-19.pdf
    294.3 KB · Views: 8
  • TSM30-15.pdf
    83.8 KB · Views: 7

merlin

If you can dig up manuals, the MM-1011 974-001 would be worth its weight in gold.
Mine is the same charger, just single.

Status
Not open for further replies.