Chagrin Falls - Solon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swipesy

It appears that with the Chagrin Falls move to the new Regional Dispatch Center that Chagrin Falls Police and Fire and Solon Police and Fire no longer simulcast their traffic on their old UHF frequencies and are strictly using the MARCS IP System now.

SCPD

QRT
I'm currently hearing Solon PD on 423.275. I don't normally listen to Chagrin. I do have the FD 423.775 programmed in but haven't heard anything there or on the IP recently (since about 8 PM)..

Last edited:

Swipesy

In the past 15 minutes I now have heard Chagrin FD on 423.775 for the first time today and one hit for Solon on 423.275. Perhaps they are working on the system transfer to the new Dispatch Center instead of my first assumption that they abandoned the use of them. I will continue to monitor.

Hummer8290

Premium Subscriber
Solon Police and Fire have nothing to do with the new center. We are currently simulcasting on old 420 frequencies,police and fire, and have no immediate plans to stop. If we do stop simulcasting, it will be due to our other surrounding departments going digital and the purpose will be null. The 420 system will be kept operational as back up for at least 2 years , and then reevaluated. The only thing possible to happen here, is a possible joint center with Twinsburg. We also will not be partcipating in the new Southeast Center going up in Bedford Hts.

Status
Not open for further replies.