Chainsaw in my scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlVazman

Looking for help, new to scanning but... Bought a new 396xt, all pre programmed and ready to go, starting to play a little with the ARC-XYPRO programming software some. So, as I scan, the scanner continually stops and stays locked on the chain saw channel. So initially I was locking it out all the time, all good. Well I was thinking why not permanently lock it out in software and then it will go away for ever. But in looking at this channel it is unlike the others in the group where it has no PL/DPL info and the audio type is set to "All" instead of analog. Why would this be? Sounds like a motorolla type 1 or 2 trunk control tone but is setup on a conventional system. Should I look to set this cannel up different or leave it locked out or should this really be on a trunking system somewhere?

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
It sounds like its not decoding right.Where do you live? So I can see if what your listening is trunktracked.

Welcome to Radio Reference.

Last edited:

AlVazman

Live in Brook Park Ohio, Cuyahoga County. Is under Cuyahoga 6 (which is currently programmed as conventional), Regional Fire Ch, WSFD MDT 460.1000

DickH

Looking for help, new to scanning but... Bought a new 396xt, all pre programmed and ready to go, starting to play a little with the ARC-XYPRO programming software some. So, as I scan, the scanner continually stops and stays locked on the chain saw channel. So initially I was locking it out all the time, all good. Well I was thinking why not permanently lock it out in software and then it will go away for ever. But in looking at this channel it is unlike the others in the group where it has no PL/DPL info and the audio type is set to "All" instead of analog. Why would this be? Sounds like a motorolla type 1 or 2 trunk control tone but is setup on a conventional system. Should I look to set this cannel up different or leave it locked out or should this really be on a trunking system somewhere?

If you have read many threads here, you would know we can't be of any help until we know exactly which systems/freqs. you are monitoring.
I'll bet I've had to ask people 4 or 5 times in just this past week.

AlVazman

Sorry Dick thats why I posted in the area I did with the disclaimer "Looking for help, new to scanning but... ". Its good you are patient. Had ScannerMaster program it with all of Cuyahoga county in Ohio, where Cleveland is located. Scanning all of what they programmed in.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I assume you're referring to 460.100? If so, that's the MDT data frequency. Delete it from your scanner, it's completely useless to you. You may also want to check if 853.3125 is programmed in your scanner and delete that as well, another MDT data frequency.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Probably, yeah. Most software has the option to exclude entries tagged as DATA, I guess it was never enabled so you wound up getting everything in the DB for Cuyahoga County.

Status
Not open for further replies.