Champaign County MDICE--Which Scanner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to sell my Pro-2096 and get one of the newer digital scanners. I see that the Radio Shack models are on sale. I'm looking at the Pro-197. I also am interested in the GRE PSR-600

Does anyone use either of these models to monitor MDICE? I've had pretty good success with the Pro-2096 in that regard. I use a small log periodic antenna to null out the Sidney tower, and that really sees to improve performance a great deal. (I live just South of St Joe-- approx equal distance between me and the Urbana and Sidney towers)

Should I be considering the Unidens?

Thanks.

N9JIG

Sheriff
I listened to MDICE with my 396 and 996, and then later with the XT models of each a few times over the last few years and it sounded fine. I do have the GRE digital scanners but haven't used them on this system, but if the 2096 works fine, then you shouldn't have any problem with the current models.

cubn

Database Admin
I had much better luck with the 396T on MDICE than the Pro96 while driving around Champaign-Urbana. The Pro96 was quite garbled when the 396T was clear. Both worked quite well for Starcom though.

Status
Not open for further replies.