Champion EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boulder

I'm looking for the ones around Wood County. I know they have ambulances based at Winnsboro Fire and Hawkins Fire are those the same frequencies or are they different for Wood County?

KE5BCP

Analog Man
I just Googled "Champion EMS", which brought me to their website where I read they were based out of Longview (Gregg County) and used the database to search from there.

Wood County doesn't have a listing for it.

Boulder

thanks for the help i think i found it based on the info you gave me to look at. It would be listed under Teletouch Communications which have channels for all the locations Champion EMS serves.

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Boulder said:
thanks for the help i think i found it based on the info you gave me to look at. It would be listed under Teletouch Communications which have channels for all the locations Champion EMS serves.
Well, once you figure out what channels are used in Wood Co., don't forget to submit the data for the DB. Looking at Wood Co., there isn't any EMS listed anywhere in the county. :(

Boulder

still haven't figured out the channels for wood county for Champion EMS yet, if anyone knows them please let me know. Don't know if they are digital channels or not, don't have a digital scanner.

rattlerbb01

TX/LA Database Admin
Database Admin
Boulder said:

I am surmising that you mean that Champion EMS is operating on the Teletouch LTR System. It does cover a good chunk of East Texas. I was interested in that system for about a week when I lived in the Point Blank area, but I gave up on it after nothing but trash crews and construction companies were talking. I had heard that they were going to a Passport LTR System to cover most of Central-East and North-East Texas. If so, that could make scanning them much tougher. However, I visit Lindale a couple of times a year, and I seem to remember Wood County dispatching EMS units on either the SO Primary or a fire dept. repeater. Might listen to those.

Boulder

Champion has their own main dispatching so all ambulance dispatching for Champion is from their call center in Longview in Gregg County. The same way it is for ETMC if i am not mistaking. All 911 calls for ambulances are fowarded to Champion in Longview from county and local 911 systems they serve. From what I hear on the Wood county scanners here is only minimal contact from local and county dispatchers to EMS. Usually only for patient updates and directions.

If you look at this link:
http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=2737887

on the FCC website it has the licensee as Champion EMS and has a contact of Teletouch Communications is Tyler.

I know of two towers for Champion EMS by searching the FCC website. One is in Longview and one is around the Lindale area.

Am sure their channels are digital and I don't have a digital scanner yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.