Chandler Fire Dept.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDX3CB

hmmmm... I have searched high and low for any new info pertaining to CFD freqs, but to no avail. The only freqs I could find are those off of the PWRN (154.190, 154.430, and 155.955.)

I find it a bit hard to monitor only Chandler FD calls anymore because when listening to 154.190, a tone goes out almost every 10 seconds for calls all over the valley. I havent listened to it lately, and recently heard a rumor that CFD no longer operates on the above freqs. Are they on 800 now? I miss the days when Chandler FD had its own VHF freq on 154.430!

My second question is if CFD still sends all dispatches out on 154.190 with the hundreds of other stations, is it possible to program my BCT15 to receive only Chandler station tones? If so, where do i get the tone codes/info?

ICP963

Feed Provider
hmmmm... I have searched high and low for any new info pertaining to CFD freqs, but to no avail. The only freqs I could find are those off of the PWRN (154.190, 154.430, and 155.955.)
Those three channels are not part of the PRWN, they are the Regional Dispatch Center operated by the Phoenix Fire Department.

I find it a bit hard to monitor only Chandler FD calls anymore because when listening to 154.190, a tone goes out almost every 10 seconds for calls all over the valley. I havent listened to it lately, and recently heard a rumor that CFD no longer operates on the above freqs. Are they on 800 now? I miss the days when Chandler FD had its own VHF freq on 154.430!
Chandler Fire Departments being dispatched BY Phoenix as part of the Regional Dispatch agrement. This agrement hasPhoenix dispatching nearly all the area fire departments on a closest units go type arangementn and is not likely to change even when they all make the switch to the new 800MHz radios.

My second question is if CFD still sends all dispatches out on 154.190 with the hundreds of other stations, is it possible to program my BCT15 to receive only Chandler station tones? If so, where do i get the tone codes/info?
As part of the Regional Dispatch Center each station is equiped with station packages that are controled by dedicated phone lines to activate the units dispatched to a call. For the most part the tone you hear on the dicpatch on 154.190 is the same tone for every dispatch and is there just to let units on the road know that a call is being dispatched and to listen for your unit number. the Fire Tone Out feature on the Uniden radios will not work for this tone when a CHandler unit is dispatched.

About all you can do is live with it and just tune your ears to alert on a 280 series unit number.

Status
Not open for further replies.