Chandler PD Feed needs a new home

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Hey gang,

I'm sure you've all noticed lately that my feed keeps dropping like a narcileptic on benadryl. :( Unfortunately, it appears it's going to be that way for the foreseeable future, AKA until I have the money to pay Cox to come rewire my house. According to the Cox techs that have come out (I've had several) all the outlets need to be redone to permanently solve the problem. Since inside wiring is my responsibility, and I don't have gobs of spare cash laying around, this isn't going to get fixed anytime soon. It's going to be literally several hundred dollars to fix the godawful mess the builders made of the wiring in my house. It'd probably be cheaper just to move (assuming you can find a sucker to buy your house in this market - let alone one with shoddy wiring). So I'm stuck with crappy wiring and will probably switch to satellite for now for my TV.

Long sob story short, rather than subject you all to a feed that only works when it wants to, I thought I'd check with the locals here and see if anyone would be interested in hosting Chandler PD on their own feed so I can take mine down until this issue is resolved.

Thanks,
-AZ

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
The east valley feed covers Chandler PD already. I believe its the provided by Astrak

Astrak

True, but his is always SUPER busy with Mesa PD taking up the scanner most of the time.

Oh well. It was fun while it lasted, but until I can get an alternate connection, mine will be down for the foreseeable future. Tired of fighting with it.

-AZ

Qwest? or internet through your satellite provider? I would put up a feed of just Chandler, but I don't have a spare scanner right now to provide a feed.

AZScanner

Have you tried Qwest? Or as Astark mentioned, Sat Internet?

I've considered them. Qwest might work - will look into that next month when I've got some spare cash for the inevitable upfront costs of setting it up. My parents have satellite internet and that'd be a no-go, there are bandwidth limits that I'd easily exceed (2 teenagers who spend almost all their free time on YouTube, plus I usually bittorrent my favorite TV shows because I never have time to watch them when they are on).

I'll try to continue to provide it for now, but just don't be surprised if it's offline more than it's online right now, LOL...

-AZ

APSN556

Premium Subscriber
Great news! Congratulations! I'm glad you were able to find a solution. I was born and raised in Chandler for 30 years before moving to Flagstaff. I have immediate family members that are Chandler cops, so it nice to "check in" and see what they are up to from time to time. I'm grateful for your feed donation and look forward to listening to it again! I'll never forget the time I was listening to your feed and heard an armed robbery go out at my fathers business on Arizona Avenue... I could barely dial his phone number, I was so shaken up!

AZScanner

Feed's back, and I'm loving this DSL service! I must be in a sweet spot for it because it is wicked fast. I've got 4 computers and 2 blackberries all on it at once and it hasn't skipped a beat! Cheaper too! :D I should have done this a long time ago.

Anyway, enjoy the feed and feel free to let me know if you'd like anything added or changed. You folks listen to my scanner more than I do. ;)

-AZ

Poor audio quality on Scottsdale or Chandler feed

Hi. I listen to the Chandler/Scottsdale feed so am not sure which city's audio is bad, but it sounds like the squelch is set too high or something. Very distorted sound. I can't change the squelch if that's what it is. I haven't listened in a long time and just started again yesterday. I really appreciate the feed so hate to complain but thought I would mention it. Thanks very much.

AZScanner

Hi. I listen to the Chandler/Scottsdale feed so am not sure which city's audio is bad, but it sounds like the squelch is set too high or something. Very distorted sound. I can't change the squelch if that's what it is. I haven't listened in a long time and just started again yesterday. I really appreciate the feed so hate to complain but thought I would mention it. Thanks very much.

I did recently turn the volume down, because I listened to it the other day and found that it was overmodulated a bit myself. Is it still messed up? If you get a chance to monitor with a player that supports tags, let me know which channel(s) are acting up and I'll adjust it some more.

Also, FYI to everyone else, the feed's been intermittent because some douche keeps going into the phone box and unplugging me, according to the Qwest tech. He noted it so that other techs will know to leave it connected, but it could be kids or a nasty neighbor doing it too. We'll see. Still up as of this post, I'll keep my fingers and toes crossed. ;)

-AZ

Last edited:
'Still hear the funny sound but it may be a little better

I listen on an Internet radio so I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly which frequency is making the strange sound (kind of like someone speaking through a comb that is covered by wax paper), but I think it may be from Chandler, as I recognized the name of the street that the officer and dispatcher mentioned and it was in Chandler, not in Scottsdale. I listen to a lot of audio streams on this same Internet radio and they are all clear, so it is not the radio. The Chandler/Scottsdale stream used to be clear, but please don't worry if the solution is not an easy fix. I very much appreciate your time. Also, it's great to have a stream from Scottsdale, even though it doesn't seem to be very active. I live in Scottsdale (almost to Carefree), so I enjoy hearing what is going on in my area. Thanks again.

AZScanner

I listen on an Internet radio so I'm afraid I can't tell you exactly which frequency is making the strange sound (kind of like someone speaking through a comb that is covered by wax paper), but I think it may be from Chandler, as I recognized the name of the street that the officer and dispatcher mentioned and it was in Chandler, not in Scottsdale. I listen to a lot of audio streams on this same Internet radio and they are all clear, so it is not the radio. The Chandler/Scottsdale stream used to be clear, but please don't worry if the solution is not an easy fix. I very much appreciate your time. Also, it's great to have a stream from Scottsdale, even though it doesn't seem to be very active. I live in Scottsdale (almost to Carefree), so I enjoy hearing what is going on in my area. Thanks again.

I bet that's Mesa/Gilbert you're hearing (also enabled on that feed) - they sound like crap on my 796 most of the time. I'll turn 'em off this evening when I get home, since Astrak has that covered anyway.

-AZ

Audio on feed much better - Thank you!

This morning I noticed that the funny distorted sounds are gone. Thank you! I also noticed someone talking about something happening in the area of Carefree Highway and I-17, so if you added something up in the Carefree/Cave Creek area, I thank you for that, too. I listen to the feed from Northern Maricopa, too. Thanks again.

AZScanner

This morning I noticed that the funny distorted sounds are gone. Thank you! I also noticed someone talking about something happening in the area of Carefree Highway and I-17, so if you added something up in the Carefree/Cave Creek area, I thank you for that, too. I listen to the feed from Northern Maricopa, too. Thanks again.

Excellent, glad you like it. :)

I have MCSO on the feed as well since they share the same system as Scottsdale. so that might be where the Cave Creek stuff came from.

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.