Chandler talkgroups linked to conventional frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
I don’t normally monitor Chandler, but I noticed something interesting tonight. Talkgroups on the Chandler system seem to be linked to some conventional frequencies

2 Patrol A (talkgroup 16688) linked to 859.4625 136.5 PL
3 HOT (talkgroup 16730) linked to 860.4265 023 DPL
4 Patrol B (talkgroup 16752) linked to 858.4625 136.5 PL

The audio on the conventional frequencies is about 500ms delayed from the audio on the trunked system. I see the frequencies are licensed to two different transmitter sites (911 S. Hamilton in Chandler and South Mountain in Phoenix). The conventional frequencies seem to be transmitted from the South Mountain site, where the trunked system comes from the Hamilton site.

I’m loving this because I can hear the conventional freq with full signal from my place! The trunked system is very weak. Are these freqs normally linked, or is this something special/temporary?

--Joe

Last edited:

scannerhead

Thanks Joe, didn't know about the 860.4265 HOT patch.

Several months ago I heard them doing radio checks with the other 2 freqs (858.4625 & 859.4625), which as you've found, are now being used as coventional freqs patched to the trunked system. They were testing in numerous areas including around the Eastern edge of South Mtn. One was referring to the fact that the mountain was shadowing him from the repeater site and that was why his signal was scratchy. But even then his signal was better than the Trunked system. They were very pleased with the coverage compared to the trunked system even within the city limits.

I should have reported it here but forgot about it. I don't monitor them much so I can't say if they always remain patched to the same talkgroups but I would guess they do except possibly for special events. It seems to be permanent to fill-in the coverage holes until they switch over to the RWC (and thanks for your posting of info on the RWC - http://forums.radioreference.com/ar...rum/178852-rwc-presentation-april-2010-a.html.

Keith

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Excellent news. This likely means the simulcast C expansion is under way. The patches will likely be used to simulcast the chandler traffic from RWC onto the old analog radios until the transition is complete, similar to how PPD rolled out their RWC talkgroups.

Reading the presentation now, thanks for the link!

-AZ

Status
Not open for further replies.