Change Custom Service Type name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bravo14

Premium Subscriber
Some of the Service types are called Custom 1 to Custom 8.

Is it possible to give these my own names, for example Marine?

I was wondering the samething. I haven't tried to see if you can rename it but it would be cool if it did.

henrygb

Edited. My mistake, just think talking about Custom Search, and was talking about Service Type.
No, Service Type can't be renamed

Last edited:

JoeyC

It has been suggested in the firmware revision threads the ability to rename Custom 1-8 to something that makes better sense. We'll see.

SCPD

QRT
Agreed .. that would be a nice thing and I thought what good is custom 1-8 .. totally useless.

JoeyC

Yeah well its a nice thought, but its pretty clear, we ain't getting nothing else in the name of firmware changes for these beasts.

SCPD

QRT
Yeah well its a nice thought, but its pretty clear, we ain't getting nothing else in the name of firmware changes for these beasts.

Really .. I couldn't care less about that, the custom names are so so far down the list.

Tops on my list is fixing the inflexible / poorly designed screen layout design on the 436HP and allow us to configure it more. I have already posted my thoughts .. but I honestly don't expect it to be ever changed. I just spent $70 for software to overcome the tiny text on the scanner screen. That is my fix.

Status
Not open for further replies.