• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Change of Business Radio License

Status
Not open for further replies.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know if a business can change their radios from mototrbo radios to regular digital or analog radios before the license expires? I figure as long as they keep the frequency the same, it shouldn't matter. But I don't know. Can anybody give me some insight please? Thanks.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
Shouldn't be an issue if your ERP and frequency all stay the same. Bandwidth needs to stay the same, or less, but if you stay inside your 12.5KHz channel, shouldn't be a problem.

Not sure what you mean by switching from MotoTrbo to "regular" digital.

davidjacobs2012

Premium Subscriber
What i meant by "regular" digital was that i thought that there was "regular" digital and mototrbo digital. So nevermind on that. Where would i be able to find ERP on the FCC license search?

Sent from my VK810 4G using Tapatalk

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
The ERP is shown on the FCC license. Look at a reference copy of the license. Both the power out and the ERP are listed on the license for each frequency.

There are different digital emissions designations depending on who manufacturered the radio. Kenwood's NXDN digital emission designation is different than Motorola's MotoTrbo digital emission designation.
BB

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
As long as the license is valid you can make modifications. Some modifications may require re-coordination such as going from analog to digital or moving the transmitter location or changing the ERP etc. Look up major and minor license modifications as defined by the FCC. Currently it is required that you remove the wideband designation (if there is one) before making any other modifications. The FCC will return your application for any modifications if the license still shows wideband emissions.
BB

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Recently the FCC made a change and is returning ALL applications that are adding digital emissions to their license. They are now requiring re-coordination as a requirement to going digital. As me how I know as we had over 30 applications returned for re-coordination.
BB

12dbsinad

Recently the FCC made a change and is returning ALL applications that are adding digital emissions to their license. They are now requiring re-coordination as a requirement to going digital. As me how I know as we had over 30 applications returned for re-coordination.
BB

This isn't something new, in order to add digital modulation emission it must get approved by coordination.

WA0CBW

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the correction. It was new about the first of the year when we started getting applications back from the FCC. Time sure flies when you are having fun.
BB

Status
Not open for further replies.