change Radio Shack Pro-106 Signal Stalker Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all,

I have been searching around on google and the forums on this website before posting this but I could not find anything. I am looking to change the SignalStalker II frequency limits on the Pro-106. I am wondering if it is at all possible. When I turn on Signal Stalker on my Pro-106 to scan the 800mhz Public Safety Band I am bombarded by repeater/simulcast outputs, and control channel outputs. I would like to be able to program the 106 so that when I sweep the 800mhz band for nearby signals I am only sweeping the input freqs (806-823mhz).

I do have the programming cable, and drivers. I have no software as of now.

Thank you,
Philip

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Spectrum Sweeper

From the easier to read manual

Limit Search Options

FrLo: Enter the lower frequency of the limit search and press SEL/ENT. See also BandPlan and FlexStep settings (in the 'Expert Settings' menu) for step size defaults.

FrHi: Enter the upper frequency of the limit search and press SEL/ENT.

Modulation: Selects the receive mode for the Limit Search object. Auto will work fine unless you want to force a mode. Default is Auto.
Press or to select:
Auto - automatically detects the receive mode.
AM - forces AM mode.
FM - forces FM mode.
NFM -forces NFM mode.

Hello all,

I have been searching around on google and the forums on this website before posting this but I could not find anything. I am looking to change the SignalStalker II frequency limits on the Pro-106. I am wondering if it is at all possible. When I turn on Signal Stalker on my Pro-106 to scan the 800mhz Public Safety Band I am bombarded by repeater/simulcast outputs, and control channel outputs. I would like to be able to program the 106 so that when I sweep the 800mhz band for nearby signals I am only sweeping the input freqs (806-823mhz).

I do have the programming cable, and drivers. I have no software as of now.

Thank you,
Philip

Well thanks for the reply, but What you describe sounds like the search limit, from the searches by pressing the search button. I know how to do that. What I am looking to do is edit the limits for the Signal Stalker bands.

SquierStrat

You can adjust the frequency ranges it searches, and you can lockout individual/trouble frequencies, but besides from the attenuator, I don't think there's a way to adjust the range..

Uggggh. :D.

I do not mean to sound impatient, but I do feel like I am pulling my hair out. Hahaha. Maybe I am not wording what I am trying to ask correctly. Well thank you guys for replying I am thankful for that. So from what the last post said it seems like he believes that it is NOT possible.

I am looking to edit or change the signal stalker limits, not the searches limit. I feel like I am pretty familier with the 106 I have been playinh around with it for a little over a year and know my way around it. I am just trying to find out if I can edit or change the SIGNAL STALKER LIMITS/BANDS. For some reason I would think that it would be possible through some sort of keypad shortcuts, or programming software.

Well thanks for the reply, but What you describe sounds like the search limit, from the searches by pressing the search button. I know how to do that. What I am looking to do is edit the limits for the Signal Stalker bands.
Try doing dedicated searches according to easy read manual. Not sure if that helps you or not. Easier to Read Pro-106/197/PSR500/600 Digital Scanner Manual searches

You are wording this just fine, I am trying to find an answer for you. Makes you scratch your head.:)

I did a little further reading in the easy read manual, you made need software for that possibly such as WIN 500 or PSR edit

SpclStalk(Sweep)Lmt The maximum number of Special Stalker/Sweeper lockouts per range before skipping that range.
Default Value 5 (lockouts). Values: Enter 1-20 (lockouts). Menu Help Text: Special Stalker/Sweeper lockout count before skip
Win500 Name Extended Settings>Spectrum Sweeper>
'Special' lockout limit PSREdit Name - Weather/Advanced Configuration>Sweeper/Search Options>
Max Lockouts Per Range in SPCL

Last edited:
I know right?! Hahaha. Thank you very much Oslo, I do appriciate it. Roger that. Is any of that freeware out of curiousity?

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
I know right?! Hahaha. Thank you very much Oslo, I do appriciate it. Roger that. Is any of that freeware out of curiousity?

As others have commented above, and to answer your question directly, the upper and lower limits of the SIGNAL STALKER sub bands are not changeable either in the radio - or with software.

You can choose which (and how many) sub bands you want in a SIGNAL STALKER search, and as mentioned you have some lockout options, but you can not edit the limits of those sub-bands in that mode.

You probably have seen them, but jut in case, the tables with those sub-band limits are on page 64 - 65 of the PRO106 manual:

http://www.radioshack.com/graphics/uc/rsk/Support/ProductManuals/2000106_PM_EN.pdf

Status
Not open for further replies.