Change to Pinellas system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

webley445

Turned on my GRE 500 just a while ago and getting no traffic on Pinellas system. I pickup up Clearwater just fine.
Then noticed display on my scanner showing that no trunked info is being received.

Checked another local group and found a post that the control channels have changed.
I have my unit programmed CC only (only 2 freqs). Will input all freqs and see if that works and will report back shortly.

Anyone else experiencing this? I tried the online feed and it is silent also.

webley445

Nothing so far with all listed freqs put in, though others have said they can monitor on those freqs in conventional mode but not trunked.
Will have to see how this unfolds for me.

webley445

Well I did as you do and put in the 24 freqs plus the new CC (and the Toytown CC for good measure).
My display then showed it was receiving trunking data. But it would stop and hold on a TG but there was no audio. This was happening alot right after the system rebanded so I checked my settings.
It seems that I had reset custom tables to factory default somehow. All appears to be working fine for me now. Will post if any more problems arise.

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

857.8875 for toytown and 857.1875 for ridgecrest - seem to be the cc's today.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Make sure your custom table is set.

I'm not having any issues with Pinellas.

webley445

K-dad, thanks for those two CC's. I put just those in, am now scanning via CC only.
All seems working fine. Got both cpnfigurations savrd in V folders so all bases covered. Will post if CC changes again.

webley445

Thought this is worth an update.
Seemed like less traffic taking place with CC only. So i studied display for awhile and saw only same two freqs in use over and over. Mainly just SPPS.
So i loaded in all 24 freqs along with the 2 new CCs and lots more traffic coming thru. Display shows lots of other freqs being received.

Has anyone with the means checked to see if there are any other CCs have been added?

webley445

Well you can only look at the online reports unless you're a premium subscriber, which I am not.
Also alot of those frequencies listed in that online report are from prior the rebanding.

I see the new CC of 857.8875 listed as being updated in May of 2011 and the 857.1875 as updated in Sept. of 2011.
Dont really see how this is supposed to help me. Am I expected to enter all of these listed freqs into the scanner?
Lol, there isn't enough room for all the listed freqs.

I made a submission to reflect the new CC's for the database.

Last edited:

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
Trixter, those frequencies that you listed are not the same as whats in the RR data base for Ridgecrest. Do you know which group is correct?
Thanks Ed

kayleesdad

If you hit the reband button (calculator button, then the 'rebanded' button when the frequency table appears) in Unitrunker, then 851.85000 and 852.60000 will take the place of 862.8375 and 863.5875 -- these latter frequencies aren't in use anymore due to rebanding. As long as you have the updated band plan, your scanner won't stop on these frequencies anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.