Changes to NW Ohio P25 database TG's

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireDawgEMT22

I noticed there are A LOT of changes today to the TG listed in the database for NW Ohio P25 Lucas county system. For instance now they have a TG labeled Tol Fire EMS at 11424, but I am still getting the Toledo Fire EMS Channel 2 traffic on the 10176 TG. Am I missing something with these new additions??

Edit... I added the newly added TG to my scan, and they seem to be a duplicate transmission. Example Toledo Fire Station Alerting has the exact same traffic as Tol Fire Disp and Tol Fire EMS Ops has the same traffic as Tol Fire Channel 2 EMS

Last edited:

jpryor

The talk groups are currently patched, or get setup with a patch when active to support reprogrammed radios.

OPS 10-2 -> 2 EMS
OPS 10-3 -> 3 FG1
OPS 10-4 -> 4 FG2
OPS 10-5 -> 5 HAZ

The Toledo Fire radios with the old programming use old fire channel 2, 3, 4 and 5.

The Toledo Fire radios with the new programming use ops channels 10-2, 10-3, 10-4, 10-5.

The Station Alerting talk group has always been patched to the Fire Dispatch talk group when the dispatcher is alerting a station.

If you have a scanner (GRE built) that is capable of patch tracking, you will hear the same activity regardless of which talk group you are parked on in the patch group.

At some point once all of the remaining Toledo Fire radios are reprogrammed, it is possible the patches will be dropped and the old channels will be inactive. There are also times when I have seen the patch implemented in the opposite direction, putting EMS traffic on OPS 10-2 if you have a Uniden scanner that does not follow the patch groups.

The Toledo Fire channels 6+ will remain as is, the OPS channels were only replaced for positions 2-5.

Last edited:

FireDawgEMT22

Ok, that makes sense. I was thinking it was something along those lines but didnt know for sure.

I have the PSR 600, so this patch tracking, could you maybe go a little further into detail what that is and how it works, and does it need to be set up or does it do it automatically?

Status
Not open for further replies.