Changes to Reagan Airport milair freqs

Status
Not open for further replies.

zerg901

Premium Subscriber
https://aeronav.faa.gov/Upload_313-d/supplements/bulletins/NE_chartbulletin_20191205.pdf

15 Aug 2019 - Class B Airspace - 269.0 changed to 360.80 - 319.10 changed to 239.25

here at Arlington County - Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference - 269.0 is mentioned - (this entry appears under Arlington County in Virginia at Radio Reference)

----------------------------

on a slightly different note

here in the FAA Chart Supplement - https://aeronav.faa.gov/Upload_313-d/supplements/CS_NE_20191205.pdf - on page 55 of 757 - Reagan Airport is listed under Washington DC (along with Dulles Airport, Manassas Airport, and South Capitol St Heliport) - but I think that Reagan Airport is totally in Virginia - unless there is a secret underground city there in DC or whatever)

But seriously - is Reagan Airport considered to be within the District of Columbia in any sort of legal sense? I dont know where the exact boundary is there - maybe in the middle of the Potomac River? maybe the airport falls under the Washington Field Office of the FBI for major crimes? maybe DC owns the land in Virginia that the airport sits on? maybe the control tower staff is hired directly by the FAA HQ in DC?

Mark

Premium Subscriber
Nice freq updates.. I like this vid of Potomac appch down the river to Reagan Airport.
Virginia on the right and DC on the left on way in. Sure looks to be in Virginia for landing.

Last edited:

batdude

Florida Db Admin / Florida Forum Moderator
hilarious - and great info. 360.600 had me stumped during my last DC trip. Couldn't find it published anywhere.... thanks for the post!

N4VKF

Premium Subscriber
https://aeronav.faa.gov/Upload_313-d/supplements/bulletins/NE_chartbulletin_20191205.pdf

15 Aug 2019 - Class B Airspace - 269.0 changed to 360.80 - 319.10 changed to 239.25

here at Arlington County - Reagan Washington National Airport (DCA) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference - 269.0 is mentioned - (this entry appears under Arlington County in Virginia at Radio Reference)

----------------------------

on a slightly different note

here in the FAA Chart Supplement - https://aeronav.faa.gov/Upload_313-d/supplements/CS_NE_20191205.pdf - on page 55 of 757 - Reagan Airport is listed under Washington DC (along with Dulles Airport, Manassas Airport, and South Capitol St Heliport) - but I think that Reagan Airport is totally in Virginia - unless there is a secret underground city there in DC or whatever)

But seriously - is Reagan Airport considered to be within the District of Columbia in any sort of legal sense? I dont know where the exact boundary is there - maybe in the middle of the Potomac River? maybe the airport falls under the Washington Field Office of the FBI for major crimes? maybe DC owns the land in Virginia that the airport sits on? maybe the control tower staff is hired directly by the FAA HQ in DC?
The island that is in the river is in DC. They may have made a legal ruling about giving it to Virginia. I am not sure.

freqhopping

Nice freq updates.. I like this vid of Potomac appch down the river to Reagan Airport.
Virginia on the right and DC on the left on way in. Sure looks to be in Virginia for landing.

I wonder how many pilots are aware of the SAM site there at Carderock.

319.1 used to be 322.3 which never got changed in the database. UHF side of 119.85. I wonder why the change again.

I already had 360.8 in my records. Previously the UHF side of 119.3 before becoming 335.5.

Mark

Premium Subscriber
I wonder how many pilots are aware of the SAM site there at Carderock.

319.1 used to be 322.3 which never got changed in the database. UHF side of 119.85. I wonder why the change again.

I already had 360.8 in my records. Previously the UHF side of 119.3 before becoming 335.5.
FCC has been trying to get UHF Air out of that 300 upper teen band for a while as conflicts with some home garage door
openers.McGuire got rid of their 319.400 CP as well and now down in lower 200's.
The average garage door opener in that freq range is real low power so was case of stronger Air UHF freqs in that range
essentially jamming door openers and folks thought their garage remotes were not working correctly :)

Last edited:

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
The island that is in the river is in DC. They may have made a legal ruling about giving it to Virginia. I am not sure.

All FAA documents that I have seen including current ones list Reagan National Airport as in DC.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
My last e-mail got send before I was finished. And in fact, the FAA puts Dulles also in DC. This of course contradicts all the maps one sees. Perhaps it is an attempt to help travelers identify where the airport are that are in the DC area.

MrColad

Is that from the White booklet that used to be available at some FBO's years ago and the FAA said it would no longer be available to the public? Does the FAA offer a paper or digital subscription service for these updates? If so can you post an e-mail address? Thanks in advance.

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
Is that from the White booklet that used to be available at some FBO's years ago and the FAA said it would no longer be available to the public? Does the FAA offer a paper or digital subscription service for these updates? If so can you post an e-mail address? Thanks in advance.

I think you are thinking of the DOD IFR Supplement which is now restricted in distribution. I was referring to the FAA Chart Supplements. Free download at Digital - Chart Supplement (d-CS)

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If these frequencies are confirmed be sure to send them to the database to be corrected. Remember only validated frequencies get accepted, not anything from a 'list', even a government source

Mike

dlwtrunked

Premium Subscriber
The FAA Chart Supplements are a good source as one can find with regular systematic updates. Current date on the FAA Chart Supplements is December 5, 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.