Changes to setting on BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I made some changes to the settings on the scanner itself. I updated my Favorites Lists by using Sentinel and updated the scanner. I updated via by removing the micro-SD card and updated the card and put the card back in.

The changes I had made on the scanner reverted back to the unchanged settings. Doesn't Sentinel see that changes were made on the scanner and up date the configuration in Sentinel?

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
If you make changes on the scanner you will need to read it to the PC and save. Then Sentinel will store these settings until you make changes again either on the scanner or software.

As for removing the card to program, I do not. I plug the scanner into the PC read it, save it, make changes if need be, save once again and the write to scanner.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
If you make changes on the scanner you will need to read it to the PC and save. Then Sentinel will store these settings until you make changes again either on the scanner or software.

As for removing the card to program, I do not. I plug the scanner into the PC read it, save it, make changes if need be, save once again and the write to scanner.

Thanks for the info. As for removing the card I have no problem by making changes to the card. For installation it's a lot wiser to do it that way instead of stringing a cable across my desk when I have to make changes. Also there have several complaints that the front USB jack may be a bit flimsy so I don want to chance of breaking the connector.

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
No worries. I did not realize you had the 536.

I found that when doing anything inside sentinel I needed to save it before closing the software or writing to scanner. It might automatically do it but I like to make sure.

Then, I had to get use to erasing the FL when writing to the scanner. I could not tell you how long it took me to get use to this simple task. I was driving myself crazy trying to figure out why things where not the same as I just changed them to be....lol

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Even when removing the card, if you want to retain the settings, before adjusting things in Sentinel, first "Read from Scanner" to get all the current settings. Then make your changes and "Write to Scanner" to write the new stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.