Changes to STLPD communications 1/27/14

Status
Not open for further replies.

KeyWest35

Premium Subscriber
Most of you who listen to St Louis PD will notice changes Monday 1/27/14 when they downsize to 6 districts, change district boundaries and radios. It will be a change for me as I have been listening to them since the 50's. I remember them going to nine districts from 12 around 1960 I knew the districts well and will have a hard time adjusting to the new ones. The famed deceased sportscaster George Michael's mom who lived on Odell street in South St Louis is responsible for me listening.. I rode my bike to her house and would sit and listen to the police on her Hallicrafters tunable radio for hours probably making a pest out of myself. I finally saved enough to buy one at Walter Ashe on Pine as I was hooked.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
They won't be changing radios but radio talk groups and id's.

I thought I'd read it once but cannot find the info any longer.
Do you know what districts will be merged with what districts?
I thought I recalled that 1 and 2 would become a single district but 3 would remain as it is.
And then talkgroups, if say 1 and 2 merge, that would free up one of the talkgroups in theory. I don't recall anyone posting anything relating to what talkgroups would remain and what would become of the old.
Who knows, maybe each merged district will be given a car to car like talkgroup on the freed up TG or they will simply take them out of the program or deny all requests for voice channels on the old TG's.

I guess we will all find out Monday if they don't also throw the ENC switch that they were going to do citywide a couple years ago now.

Hopefully they will just re-align the districts and leave everything else as is.
It would be nice to see an official boundary map showing the new districts as well but I suspect that will come soon.

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
The basic response would be that they are eliminating districts 7,8 and 9. If my memory serves me right, there are six dispatch channels right now for the nine districts. That number, I am guessing, will not change. Hopefully it will just end up with 1 thru 6 on the TG's. Guess we will see.

Where on Odell St did your radio friend live? My grandmother and a grand uncle both lived on Odell.

You have obviously listened in a lot more than me and I thought scanning since the mid 1970's was a long time. As I live in Dist 2 it will be very strange trying to understand why a Dist 2 car is responding almost all the way to south Grand Ave on a call. The district will become even huger than it was before. But because there is so little crime there the number of officers in the district were very slim. And on some night shifts it was down right scary as to how little (in numbers) cops were riding dist 2.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
kruser -- Check your PM's. I am hoping mine went through.

Will do!

I don't know what the heck I was thinking when I did my post earlier.
I totally spaced the fact that some of the districts already share a talkgroup.

You would think after 40 years of monitoring city PD, I'd have not let that fact get by me!

Of course it has not always been like it is today but it has been like this for a very long time now.

Heck, they shared channels amongst mostly the same districts as today when they were on the old 460.xxx MHz simplex UHF frequencies before they ever went trunked.

I need to slap myself!

kruser

Premium Subscriber
kruser -- Check your PM's. I am hoping mine went through.

I have a PM from you dated Jan 19th that I missed. Sorry bout that! Nothing from you today though.

I'll take a look at the one from the 19th and see if I can answer it soon!
Sorry about missing that one. I had several that day with another user both before and after yours that day so I think I let yours slip through the cracks.

If you sent one today, try sending it again. I have several from another user so the PM system is working.
You also have plenty of forum posts so I don't think yours would be held for any reason.
I don't think they hold PM's anyway. They just restrict users from sending them until they meet certain criteria but you have met all that.
I guess they may restrict PM's if someone complained about you sending bad ones but I think they would suspend all your PM functions if that were the case!
And yes, I looked and made sure I did not let yours slip through the cracks again!

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
New SLPD TG's

As of early this morning this is the new line up of TG's for the SLPD as a result of the district realignment.

District 1 10002
District 2 10008
District 3 10003
District 4 10004
District 5 10007
District 6 10006

Assuming all other TG's department wide will remain the same.

lynxrufus

Exactly. They're using the same 6 TGs:
Dist. 1 (was 1 and 2)
Dist. 2 (was 9)
Dist. 3 (no change)
Dist. 4 (was 4 and 5)
Dist. 5 (was 7)
Dist. 6 (was 6 and 8)

Now I need to do is change the text tags.

maddog5

St Louis City Police Dept New Talkgroups

As of 01/27/2014, The City of St Louis Police Department has consolidated from 9 districts to 6 districts. As part of this consolidation, a few talk groups have changed. No longer will districts 1 & 2, 4 & 5 or 6 & 8 share the same talk group. This is the new setup as far as I have been able to determine.

District 1 - 10002
District 2 - 10008
District 3 - 10003
District 4 - 10004
District 5 - 10007
District 6 - 10006

All other talk groups remain unchanged as far as I can tell.

Districts 1 and 2 compromise the South Area, Districts 3 and 4 the Central Area, and Districts 5 and 6 the North Area.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
St Louis Metro PD

Oh is the St Louis Metro PD and the St Louis PD the same dept ?

I know this is a STUPID question, So thanks for answering it for me.

ChargerSRT8

Premium Subscriber
Radio ID's for dispatch appear to be:

204101 1st Dispatcher
204102 2nd Dispatcher
204103 3rd Dispatcher
204104 4th Dispatcher
204105 5th Dispatcher
204106 6th Dispatcher

lynxrufus

St Louis Metro PD and the St Louis PD are the same. SLPD is the same, too.

St. Louis County is totally different. And there are municipal PDs in the county not patrolled by the county. Fire departments are the same way.

AC0RV

Feed Provider
Sorry if I have posted my question in the wrong spot. But I do humbly thank you for answering it.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've merged together the three threads which appear to be all about same topic.

Hopefully you can find all the information you need in one thread instead of three.

maddog5

The only thing that has changed is the talk groups for the districts.
Talk group 10002 is now District 1 only.
Talk group 10004 is now District 4 only.
Talk group 10006 is now District 6 only.
Talk group 10007 is now District 5.
Talk group 10008 is now District 2.
Talk group 10003 remains District 3 only. All other talk groups are unchanged. This gives each district it's own talk group without sharing with another district. Which is something I never understood. Makes it easier to monitor the district I live in without hearing calls for a district that is too distant to worry about.

Status
Not open for further replies.