Changing between Trunk Systems in TRX-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike_Alpha

Is there a quicker way to enable/disable trunk systems in a TRX-2 without having to go into the menu and lock one or more trunk systems out to select between them. I can select scan lists easy enough, but haven't been able to work out how to have the trunk systems selectable with minimum key presses. With most Uniden scanners a press of a button will select or remove a system.

I like to have North, South, East and West systems to cover my city and switch between them as I drive around, but with the TRX-2 I have to pull over and poke around in the menu chain to enable one or more.

Mike

tvengr

Well Known Member
You can set up 4 systems, each with one of the 4 sites. Include all of the talkgroups on each system. You can assign the talkgroups on each of the systems to a scan list or scan lists. Then, you can select the systems with the scan lists.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Is there a quicker way to enable/disable trunk systems in a TRX-2 without having to go into the menu and lock one or more trunk systems out to select between them. I can select scan lists easy enough, but haven't been able to work out how to have the trunk systems selectable with minimum key presses.

I'm assuming you mean sites and not systems. Duplicate the trunked system, rename the dups North, South, East and West and lock out the sites in each duplicate system not wanted. Select the original system and hit duplicate on the top right in EZ Scan Trunked System tab. When you duplicate it everything in the original is carried over to the duplicates, you edit from there and assign TGIDs wanted for each into 4 scanlists. Warning though, if you want to update/add TGs to the duplicates after they are created you will need to do it manually.

Mike_Alpha

Thankyou all. I understand now this workaround, although it means I won't have the benefit of separate departments in the scanlists. Best to try it first.

Ubbe

You only have to duplicate the sites to different systems if you assign each system to its own scanlist. As soon as a TG, or user ID, exists in one scanlist you can assign that TG to several scanlists, at the far right in EZ-Scans trunked system TG details config.

If you set each system to their own scanlist you can enable/disable each system by entering their scanlist number. The problem is that the scanner then recompiles the scanlists and that can take a while and are not an instant function like in a Uniden scanner when you do it during scan.

/Ubbe

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Like tvenger and Ubbe said... assign your systems to separate scanlists... works with conventional too. For example, I do this every day... I have my town's FD analog freqs assigned to scanlist 3... and their SC21 talkgroups assigned to scanlist 23. So when I move the TRX-1 to my WFH office where phase II reception is passable, I just press "3.23.." to switch, then when I move it back to the kitchen where only analog works, just press "3.23.." again to switch back. The switch is nearly instantaneous.

Status
Not open for further replies.