Changing Display Info. Via Sentinel ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BOBRR

Hello,

Want to display and change some of the other options on the
SDS 200 display via using Sentinel / Edit / Edit Display.

I'm actually all set, as i can do this via the menu in the actual unit, but cannot
figure out how to do it in Sentinel, which i would prefer.

In the Simple Conventional, e.g., I click on "Digital Status", and then pick a color.

Now what ?

Can't figure out how to apply this new setting that should now show the "Digital Status" in the SDS 200 display (after downloading to Scanner).
There is no "Apply" button, or anything similar.

What should be the next step to actually apply a new configuration setting to the unit ?

*And to also have it stored in the Profile ?

As usual, I'm missing something undoubtedly very simple.

Thanks,
Bob

Saint

Premium Subscriber
If you want to update your profile go to the top of sentinel click on edit click on edit profile and make your changes, make sure you save the changes and then send it ti your scanner.
Steve

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
If you want to update your profile go to the top of sentinel click on edit click on edit profile and make your changes, make sure you save the changes and then send it ti your scanner.
Steve

He's asking about making changes to the display setup... which is not available in Sentinel's profile editor. Display settings are not part of individual profiles, those settings applied globally across all profiles.

From the top menu bar in Sentinel.... "Edit" ---> "Edit Display".

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Hello,

Want to display and change some of the other options on the
SDS 200 display via using Sentinel / Edit / Edit Display.

I'm actually all set, as i can do this via the menu in the actual unit, but cannot
figure out how to do it in Sentinel, which i would prefer.

There is an extensive description of that here... And yes..... once again, from Marks easier to read manual:

As metioned previously, that manual on Mark's site is searchable and you can research many questions that way, and get instant answers.

Can't figure out how to apply this new setting that should now show the "Digital Status" in the SDS 200 display (after downloading to Scanner).
There is no "Apply" button, or anything similar.

What should be the next step to actually apply a new configuration setting to the unit ?

*And to also have it stored in the Profile ?

As usual, I'm missing something undoubtedly very simple.

Thanks,
Bob

Click the "Save" button on the bottom of the "Display Customizer" window, and then write from Sentinel to the scanner.

Profiles containing the display settings are here:

Last edited:

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
He's asking about making changes to the display setup... which is not available in Sentinel's profile editor. Display settings are not part of individual profiles, those settings applied globally across all profiles.

From the top menu bar in Sentinel.... "Edit" ---> "Edit Display".

My bad, display settings are automatically saved in individual profiles... in which ever profile you are working in when you edit the display settings and click the "Save" button on the "Display Customizer" window. Those advanced display settings do not appear in the profile editor.

You can save just the custom display settings by themselves, and bring them back into Sentinel as you wish.... Use the "File" menu in Sentinel to export and import "Display Customizing Settings".

Last edited:

RandyKuff

Premium Subscriber
Nice catch!!!
I didn't know that... But I don't have a use for different profiles yet...

BOBRR

Hi Folks,

Oops !

I never saw the SAVE button on the very bottom, as my display was cutting it off.
So, all set now (I think)

Mark's is great, but the supplemental help and info. I have
received here really, really helps too.

Thanks again,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.