HP-1: Changing Firmware

Status
Not open for further replies.

tonya

Premium Subscriber
I know its in here somewhere but can someone point me to the post regarding changing the firmware on the HP-1. I would like to beta test 2.06?? on one of my HP's. Thanks in advance and I will print it this time

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Try here...

http://forums.radioreference.com/un...rt/294284-homepatrol-1-2-06-xx-open-beta.html[/QUOTE

Thanks Kevin, got that already but there was a great post on the step by step process in doing this when the 2.05 came out. I think Jason from Ohio posted it and it got me through the process.

Plug in your HP via the USB cable and select the Mass Storage mode.
After a few seconds, a drive letter should be applied to the HP's SDd card.

Look in that new drive letter for a sub-folder called "firmware".
Simply copy the .SCN file you donwloaded into that firmware folder on the HP's SD card and then unplug the USB cable.
You should instantly see the HP go into firmware update mode telling you it is updating the firmware.
As soon as it's done, the HP will reboot and the new firmware will be running.

The same can be done by placing the SD card into a card reader and copying the scn file into the same firmware folder.
Then stick the SD card back into the HP and power it on. It should see there is a .scn file sitting in the firmware folder and will apply it then reboot itself.

I'm not sure if Sentinel will see the beta firmware when you tell Sentinel to check for new firmware but manually copying the file you downloaded into the firmware sub-folder will accomplish the same task.

Edit: I forgot an important step! The 2.06 firmware file you downloaded should be zipped with a ZIP extension. You will need to unzip it so you get the "HomePatrol-1_V2_06_02.scn" file. That is the file you need to copy into the HP1's firmware folder, not the downloaded ZIP file.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.