Changing Start up screen text on Pro-97

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_1001

Hi All, I just got a Pro-97 last night. It was a customer return though... Not a big dealas it works fine and such.

what I have an issue with is some how he had programed his "if found call Mike xxxxxx at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Now I think it would be weird to call him and I dont want to do a full reset. Is there any way to change the text? Or at least go back to the default?

I looked online and did a search, and found nothing and as usual the manual is useless...

Any help would be great!!!

Chris

Dubbin

Feed Provider
I would take that radio right back and get a NEW one. There just may be a good reason that this Mike guy returned the scanner. When you pay for new you should get new, not used.

DaveIN

Founders Curmudgen
Database Admin
chris_1001 said:
Hi All, I just got a Pro-97 last night. It was a customer return though... Not a big dealas it works fine and such.

what I have an issue with is some how he had programed his "if found call Mike xxxxxx at xxx-xxx-xxxx.

Now I think it would be weird to call him and I dont want to do a full reset. Is there any way to change the text? Or at least go back to the default?

I looked online and did a search, and found nothing and as usual the manual is useless...

Any help would be great!!!

Chris

Maybe you shoul call him to see if he had a problem with it, or if it was stolen?

KLH

Feed Provider
It could have been stolen, or the guy could have returned it himself, and now when you call him, he will say it is stolen and want it back!

I hope the store did double the warranty for you (premium warranty).

Last edited:

pro92b

Mutated Member
Premium Subscriber
If you want to change the 4 lines of text that are displayed when you first
turn the radio on, follow these steps.
Turn the radio on, after the display shows the message, press
Program, then
Function, then
Text....

it should read,
Start Message
Edit 1st line:
it will display the current first line, when you're done changing that line,
press enter and it takes you to the 2nd line, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.