BCD436HP/BCD536HP: changing the frequency in the Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne0564

The area I Live in recently did a final change to the PII system, Sentinel software hasn't changed the Frequencies yet, Is there a way that I can manually change them, I can get to them in the Simulcast Area
but cannot Highlight the frequencies for delete or changing them. or who can I contact regarding them going to the 700mhz channels, they used to simulcast in the 800mhz, but no longer do. Montgomery County, Ohio
and City of Dayton,

Thanks

marksmith

Yes.

You need to append the system to a favorites list, and then edit the favorites list. That is the only place where you can change the data.

Then you will need to go to your profile, select that favorites list for download and monitor to move it to your radio after editing.

Mark
WS1095/536/436/996P2/HP1e/HP2e/996XT/325P2/396XT/PRO668/PSR800/PRO652

Ubbe

Connect your scanner to your PC and select to use it as a mass storage device.
Use windows explorer or other file handle tool and select the movable drive that the scanner are using, D: or E: or whatever it is on your computer.

Goto the HPDB folder in the BDCx36HP folder. View the hpdb.cfg file using Notepad (no wrap around). Look up Ohio and you'll see that it has StateId=39.

Close that file and open up s_000039.hpd. Search (Ctrl+F) for Montgomery. Skip the first 3-4 hits until you see CountyId on the same line as Montgomery. CountyID will be 2096. The following lines will be Montgomery county until you come to CountyId 2097 Morgan.

This is for the conventional frequencies. The trunked frequencies are found if you search for Montgomery until you find the line with Trunk at the beginning of the line and the text Montgomery County OH. TrunkId will be 406.

Scroll thru the lines and carefully edit the frequencies that you would like to change and save the file.
Done.

As a precaution you could first copy the s_000039 file to your computer as a backup. Then you can easily start over again if you messed up or copy the original file back to the scanner.

/Ubbe

Last edited:

phask

Premium Subscriber

jasonk

Feed Provider
The frequencies have been correct in the latest Sentinel Database for 2 weeks now for the Montgomery County MARCS-IP site. Just do an update and build a new Favorite List.

Status
Not open for further replies.