Channel 111

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaymatt1978

I'm getting something down in Cape May, NJ on the n ew 7.5 split frequency of 160.2825 with a PL of 167.9 Comes in during a search so I know it's the correct frequency

ecps92

Many times Adj frequencies do bleed over, if you can't find the info by the primary freq, also search +/- based [on your location] on the FCC channel plans, then if nothing and the band is wide open [as of late] keep in mind the Canadian channel plans [especially in our Federal] is not the same
I'm getting something down in Cape May, NJ on the n ew 7.5 split frequency of 160.2825 with a PL of 167.9 Comes in during a search so I know it's the correct frequency

RRR

Premium Subscriber
Why are they coordinating AAR (Railroad) Frequencies for non-Railroad use?

ecps92

Because VHF/UHF is limited and overloading, assigning frequencies from other pools less used is a vital option.
Same reason, the NTIA is allowing some Statewide systems to be assigned Federal VHF/UHF channels.

As GTR mentioned, many a waiver existed long before it became popular to take from other pools.
In Boston we had the same issues 161.2200 for a Local Ambulance Provider as well
Why are they coordinating AAR (Railroad) Frequencies for non-Railroad use?

Status
Not open for further replies.