Channel 2F on OK state trunked system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

perchjerker

Premium Subscriber
I was just listening to TPD about to serve a warrant and they were changing to frequency 2F. I couldn't find them after the switch and have all of the TPD frequencies shown in the RR database for the trunked system. Is this something leftover from the old system or what? Does anyone have additional frequencies used by TPD? A few weeks ago I also heard an officer request another go to "talk around" channel. I used to hear that all of time before trunking, but hadn't in a long time. Anyone know what those frequencies are?

peterjmag

I was just listening to TPD about to serve a warrant and they were changing to frequency 2F. I couldn't find them after the switch and have all of the TPD frequencies shown in the RR database for the trunked system. Is this something leftover from the old system or what? Does anyone have additional frequencies used by TPD? A few weeks ago I also heard an officer request another go to "talk around" channel. I used to hear that all of time before trunking, but hadn't in a long time. Anyone know what those frequencies are?

They use RMA-NE-2F 38352 in which they colaborate with TCSO and others if needed nad go pick up scum with warrants etc. The RMA TGs are a must nowadays because not only TPD but many other agencies use them and with all the newer agencies coming online to 800 you never know what you will hear.

38192 953 A NE OK RMA 2A Monitored By Most Agencies in NE Oklahoma
38224 955 A NE OK RMA 2B Used Often by TPD to talk to TCSO and others
38256 957 A NE OK RMA 2C Used for various including state fair etc.
38288 959 A NE OK RMA 2D Used for various including state fair etc.
38320 95b A NE OK RMA 2E Used for various including state fair etc.
38352 95d A NE OK RMA 2F Warrants Task Force TPD and TCSO etc...
32496 7ef A NE OK RMA 2G
32528 7f1 A NE OK RMA 2H
32560 7f3 A NE OK RMA 2I
32592 7f5 A NE OK RMA 2J
32624 7f7 A NE OK RMA 2K
32656 7f9 A NE OK RMA 2L
32688 7fb A NE OK RMA 2M
32720 7fd A NE OK RMA 2N
32752 7ff A NE OK RMA 2O

As for talkaround it is a simplex or direct channel that does not go through the regular trunked system and is a conventional channel seperate from the system. It is 854.9625 and has a DCS tone of 143

OHP also has one that is called OHP Direct and it is 855.9875 with a PL tone of 77.0

Hope this helps...Enjoy...

Chaos703

PJ, have you ever heard OHP actually use Direct? I ended up locking it out because I never heard any real traffic but it seems to pick up a ton of that junky data interference.

mfolta1

ive heard them use direct. but i was standing there in the scene with them. if you get lucky and live a few feet from an accident they are working than you can hear them if they choose to even use direct. ohp direct is the same as tpd talkaround. its not going thru amy repeater. i remember awhile back i had my scanner and a friend of mine said "we can talk car to car on talkaround and you cant hear us" and i laughed and bet him 5 dollars. he keyed up on his radio talkaround and came across the scanner. he said "ill be damned" and gave me 5 dollars.

car2back

I've seen 2 troopers use it on a wreck, but didn't get to scan it... one was using his car mobile and the other a walkie... Like Folta said you won't really hear anything unless you're within line of sight.

Another a conventional 800mhz frequency you might keep tucked in your radio is the NPSC I-call (866.0125), it's becoming a popular car 2 car channel in the Tulsa area, even though that's not what's for ;)

peterjmag

I have heard them use direct in the past in the Tulsa area when they were following some perp via airplane. It was a about 2 or 3 years ago and they were right over my house so I went out to confirm and sure enough there was the airplane. That was the time I found the PL tone to be 77.0 Out in Troop K and Troop A direct is often used for speed traps and I have heard that as well. I have also heard some Troop K guys use it to BS with one another around Stillwater. If you put it in your scanner make sure you set the PL tone to 77.0 so that you will cut down on the intermod etc.

Phil is also right, you might listen to the ITAC channels. They can be "CB' like from time to time in the Tulsa metro.

Mark, I glad you got your 5 dollars. LOL!

Enjoy...

Last edited:

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
I heard direct yesterday and today hear in Tulsa, OHP running Aircraft somewhere on Hwy 75 yesterday and I didn't get to hear their location today. I'm catching them on an 800 non-trunking Pro-2026 with no tone tracking.

perchjerker

Premium Subscriber
RE: RMA's

They use RMA-NE-2F 38352 in which they colaborate with TCSO and others if needed nad go pick up scum with warrants etc. The RMA TGs are a must nowadays because not only TPD but many other agencies use them and with all the newer agencies coming online to 800 you never know what you will hear.

38192 953 A NE OK RMA 2A Monitored By Most Agencies in NE Oklahoma
38224 955 A NE OK RMA 2B Used Often by TPD to talk to TCSO and others
38256 957 A NE OK RMA 2C Used for various including state fair etc.
38288 959 A NE OK RMA 2D Used for various including state fair etc.
38320 95b A NE OK RMA 2E Used for various including state fair etc.
38352 95d A NE OK RMA 2F Warrants Task Force TPD and TCSO etc...
32496 7ef A NE OK RMA 2G
32528 7f1 A NE OK RMA 2H
32560 7f3 A NE OK RMA 2I
32592 7f5 A NE OK RMA 2J
32624 7f7 A NE OK RMA 2K
32656 7f9 A NE OK RMA 2L
32688 7fb A NE OK RMA 2M
32720 7fd A NE OK RMA 2N
32752 7ff A NE OK RMA 2O

As for talkaround it is a simplex or direct channel that does not go through the regular trunked system and is a conventional channel seperate from the system. It is 854.9625 and has a DCS tone of 143

OHP also has one that is called OHP Direct and it is 855.9875 with a PL tone of 77.0

Hope this helps...Enjoy...

Peter,

Thank you for the info. I have a BCD396t and am new to this, will I be able to program both the RMA's and the talk arounds to one system and one system quick key? OR will they have to be separate systems? Are the RMA's part of the trunked system or where will I find them on the data base to bring into ARC396?

Freqed

I'm just a listener
Premium Subscriber
The RMA's are in the database, they are broken down into regions RMA NE = Regional Mutual Aid Northeast. Also on my 996 I run my trunk stuff in one system and conventional in another, that way you can disable one of the systems to listen strictly to the other. Trunk systems scan a little differently than conventional in the fact that the scanner is searching the trunk 'system' for activity and will hold that system before moving to a conventional system. There are parameters you can adjust for how long your scanner will stay on a trunked system before moving on to other systems. You can also program the Tulsa 800 system to no Quick key and then the lowbands to a quick key, but this way you can never turn off the Tulsa 800 system. This is why some people have multiple radios in there shack.

Status
Not open for further replies.