Channel coverd by tv station?

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhockey86

I'm trying to listen to a local pd a few miles down the road (154.7100) and they seemed to be coverd by a tv station, how can i fix this?

jhooten

That would be cable channel 20 and not an over the air broadcast channel. Call the local cable company and report a possible leak in their system. They should welcome the report so it can be repaired before it becomes a major problem.

Adding the PL will keep the scanner from opening up on the tv signal but will do nothing for the blocking the stonger cable signal will to to the desired signal.

muhockey86

Thanks, thats exactly the answer I was hoping for...Last week I noticed that I was hearing a local college's cable channel and was wondering how that was possible

Tim-in-TX

Premium Subscriber
Something similar happened to my in-laws a few years ago. One night they were watching TV when there was a knock at the door. Imagine their surprise when they found the FAA on the other side. First off, they lived (recently moved) very near Hobby Airport in Houston. It turned out that several flights reported receiving signals from the ground that were interfering their radios. Well, using their "secret-agent-signal-tracking-toys" they tracked it to my in-laws house. After some questioning and a search of the house, the FAA found a "leak" in a TV cable line in the attic of the house. After a quick, cheap fix, all was well.
It is absolutely amazing how a small "leak" can affect commercial air traffic that easily!

Quickcall

Premium Subscriber
This happens to me quite often with my Motorola Maxtrac on freq. 467.7625..... Ill be driving around town and every 30 seconds or so ill pick up a tv station. It sounds to me like a sports channel of some sorts but its nothing I recieve with my cable package. This has only been a problem for a few months now. Its never happend until late in April.

About 10 years ago, Cox Cable would disconnect customers they suspected of having a leak if the customer didn't let the technicians examine the house wiring within in reasonable amount of time... The FAA & FCC don't tend to like the interference that the leaks cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.