WS1088: Channel edit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

W4AFD

Premium Subscriber
Just working my way through a new scanner, WS1088, can I edit my scanlists in the EZ scan software? Also how to edit/delete channels on the radio itself.... I found tons of info esp on marksscanners. com but these are probably way much easier than I'm making it.....after this is to set up more trunking. I have a system in there that's set up ( see the signal bar moving and the T come up in the display but so far no audio) Well, thats the next issue....

troymail

Silent Key
Just working my way through a new scanner, WS1088, can I edit my scanlists in the EZ scan software?
Yes - that's exactly what EZ Scan is for.
Also how to edit/delete channels on the radio itself....
Yes - press MENU and then scroll to and select "Program Menu"
I found tons of info esp on marksscanners. com but these are probably way much easier than I'm making it.....after this is to set up more trunking. I have a system in there that's set up ( see the signal bar moving and the T come up in the display but so far no audio) Well, thats the next issue....

W4AFD

Premium Subscriber
so...

Yep, well, EZ scan for whatever reason is not working right because I can't edit....I guess a delete and re-load is next.......

W4AFD

Premium Subscriber
At this point, just starting out, so I'm looking to refine the scanlists that I made from the library a bit more since many channels that were included just are out-of-range. So thinking that if the scanlists are shorter it's better than scanning a whole bunch that I'm not going to hear anyway. Same thing as an old school list on a conventional scanner. I do have some channels to add that are not in the downloaded library from RR, however before I do that I need to delete those that are NG.........Sure there are plenty of scanlist storage points, however a graphic scanlist would be cool ( as in an Excel type spreadsheet for example)
So as I said, either I did not get to the right place or the software ( EZscan) is not 100%.........

troymail

Silent Key
To get to the channel and trunk system / talkgroup data in EZ Scan, you need to go to the "Advanced" menu and enable additional tabs. Then you'll see tables of conventional channels and trunk systems (and the trunk system information) that can be edited.

W4AFD

Premium Subscriber
So, after looking at a few videos, I can see how the software works, so before I re-load everything we'll go through everything as described........also, on a different subject, have learned that 700+mhz requires a better antenna than stock ...for sure.......does work nicely though

troymail

Silent Key
Yup - definitely something to "play with" to get comfortable. It gets easier over time and trying to be in too much of a hurry or giving up quickly will just make you unhappy ... been there, done that - many times but with age comes (some) patience.

You can't really hurt anything by experimenting and learning - just don't go "full bore" on alot of custom programming until you're comfortable with the basics.

Last edited:

DJ11DLN

Yup - definitely something to "play with" to get comfortable. It gets easier over time and trying to be in too much of a hurry or giving up quickly will just make you unhappy ... been there, done that - many times but with age comes (some) patience.

You can't really hurt anything by experimenting and learning - just don't go "full bored" on alot of custom programming until you're comfortable with the basics.
+1 on every bit of this, excellent advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.