Channel following

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clark

It has been a couple of years since I have used Trunker and if I remember correctly it had the ability to change to a different active channel by using the Up or Down keys.
Does Unitrunker have this ability. I can't seem to find it if it does ?
With Find option, I can use the Up or Down key to change the display
but the voice traffic is not followed.

Clark

Liverdog

Hi Clark. Following voice traffic using UniTrunker is native and automatic in the program.

If you assign your talkgroup priorities correctly then it is fairly easy to have the program track your favorites and even hold on an interesting voice conversation using F8.

Are the channels/frequencies turning "green" at all? This is a good indicator if you have UT set to track talkgroups and command a voice scanner.

Clark

Channel Following

Unitrunker works just as it should with no problems. I have been using it for a couple of years. I guess I didn't explain the problem (if it is a problem) correctly. I'm now installing Trunker (with XP) and using two Com ports and a slicer (which I had to find first).
With Trunker, I was thinking I had the ability to change (Temp)to an active TG by using the Up or Down arrow even if the priority was higher or lower.

Clark

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Clark said:
Unitrunker works just as it should with no problems. I have been using it for a couple of years. I guess I didn't explain the problem (if it is a problem) correctly. I'm now installing Trunker (with XP) and using two Com ports and a slicer (which I had to find first).
With Trunker, I was thinking I had the ability to change (Temp)to an active TG by using the Up or Down arrow even if the priority was higher or lower.

Clark;

Unfortunately that feature is not included in Unitrunker at the moment. I'd like to see a similar feature for UT myself....

SCPD

QRT
Clark said:
You can. From the trunker documentation:
trdoc.htm said:
Enter a hold mode for the currently scanned conversation. This could be either a Group call, Multi-Group Patch call, a call involving a pair of Individuals, or a single-individual, depending on the current display at the time the 'h' key is used, regardless of its priority or digital status. Hitting 'h' while holding will return to search mode('h' key.) You can also enter hold mode with the "up arrow" or "down arrow" keys. In this case, the call immediately above or below the current call will be selected for hold mode. Repeatedly hitting up arrow or down arrow will move the 'hold' from active call to active call, so you can have more control over which calls you hear.

campd715

Premium Subscriber
Clark,

You are correct. UNITRUNKER has the hold feature (F8 KEY) however,TRUNKER took that ability a step further by having the ability to quickly change to and continue to hold another active T/G (regardless of priority settings) by using the up & down arrow keys. I used that feature all the time.

I have previously asked for this feature to be implemented into UNITRUNKER as it is very helpful in identifying some of those elusive RID's that always seem to popup while another T/G is active. By having the ability to quickly move to that unknown RID when another T/G is currently active greatly increases the ability to hear and identify said RID.

Dennis

Clark

Channel Following

I reinstalled Trunker and forgot how easy it is to edit. What a great program. It is a little more difficult to get it to run in XP but thanks to Scott Baldwin's very helpful tutorial it works perfectly.

And yes, the Up or Down keys work as I remembered. Too bad
Unitrunker doesn't have this feature.

Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.