Channel For Hospital/Rescue Comms

Status
Not open for further replies.

vpasq

I am stumped and looking for some advice. I easily get Chesapeake Ambulance communications and their transport comms with Chesapeake a General, but no other hospitals they transport to, such as Maryview, Harbourview, or Norfolk General. Could this be because they are not in the trucked system for Chesapeake, as they represent three other cities? I see them each of those city systems.

How can I add them or make it so that I can get all comms with Chesapeake ambulances to each of the three other hospitals? Or can I?

Help, instructions and/or education on this would be appreciated.

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
I'm not located in Chesapeake, but something to consider is that different areas of the Commonwealth use different methods to reach the hospital. Some use radio channels on the trunked radio system, some use HEAR, some use the Med channels (although that hasn't been common in VA in ages), and some simply use cell phones.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Maryview is on Portsmouths system, Norfolk and all the other Norfolk hospitals are Norfolk's P25 system, Harborview and Belle Harbour are on Suffolk's P25 system. So you need to program the surrounding cities in to hear the hospital.

vpasq

Thanks so much for the help. I am going to try programming in the respective cities as suggested and see how it goes.

John

Premium Subscriber
I am not near Chesapeake either but around here all the hospitals are on both the P25 trunked system and MED channels. However 99% of the time the ambulances use cell phones to communicate. They only use the radios channels for things like mass casualty or during extended extrications. It is much easier for an ambulance to use a cell phone than trying to maintain all these different radio systems in a region.

John

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
I am not near Chesapeake either but around here all the hospitals are on both the P25 trunked system and MED channels. However 99% of the time the ambulances use cell phones to communicate. They only use the radios channels for things like mass casualty or during extended extrications. It is much easier for an ambulance to use a cell phone than trying to maintain all these different radio systems in a region.

John

What about medevacs, because I've heard them on the P25 systems hospital channel and on the UHF Med frequencies?

BoxAlarm187

Level 6 RR Member (Since 1998)
Premium Subscriber
Richmond is the same way as Roanoke it appears. We use cell phones for virtually all ambulance-to-hospital communications using a dedicated EMS phone line at the hospital.

For fly-outs, we'll coordinate with the aircraft using Statewide EMS, and the aircraft will communicate with the hospital on Med 9 or other selected channel. The aircraft is privy to having a robust selection of channels to choose from for air-to-ground communications.

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Richmond is the same way as Roanoke it appears. We use cell phones for virtually all ambulance-to-hospital communications using a dedicated EMS phone line at the hospital.

For fly-outs, we'll coordinate with the aircraft using Statewide EMS, and the aircraft will communicate with the hospital on Med 9 or other selected channel. The aircraft is privy to having a robust selection of channels to choose from for air-to-ground communications.

In Hampton Roads all the cities with a TRS have a dedicated channel for Nightingale, Nightingale uses the MED or they come up on Norfolk's P25 Norfolk General Talkgroup.

Status
Not open for further replies.