Channel Master 5094A drawing and dimensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinb77777

I paid around $60 for mine with local pickup NIB.

I am not sure how it compares to other antennas, but I do know I have to use attentuation for both the Whistler 1040 and 1080 scanners. An example is Weather. I can barely receive weather with the handheld antenna. Local weather station is currently not operating and I have to get it from a distance.. With the Monitenna I have to use attentuation for weather otherwise it overloads the receiver. That is a pretty good example of the difference the antenna has made compared to the handheld antenna.

What did help was the FM trap from RS. I have a some FM transmitters about a mile from my house and FM radio was interfering with many bands.

I can imagine the Antenna craft ST-2 or RS clone has to be similar

Kevin

trp2525

...What did help was the FM trap from RS. I have a some FM transmitters about a mile from my house and FM radio was interfering with many bands...

+1 on the use of an FM trap especially with an outdoor/external scanner antenna. More signal coming into your scanner means more interfering FM broadcast signal. Powerful FM broadcast stations can cause problems on the VHF Air band and with images on other bands.

FYI if anyone needs one, I have a brand-new Radio Shack #1500024 FM Trap for sale in the RR classifieds: https://www.radioreference.com/apps/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=9050&cat=18

WX4JCW

Premium Subscriber
That was my first scanner antenna, I had 2 over time, and they rocked, better than any other i tried

Status
Not open for further replies.