Channel Master

Status
Not open for further replies.

sony

TeRayCodA said:
The 800 Mhz element is the closest to the balun connection,it will be another 3" parasitic element.
The older Channelmasters did'nt have these.It's a shame they are discontinued,those were some"hot"antennas.
I'm not sure where that balun connection is or that 800 element. perhaps a pic or diagram would identify it if you have one.
The fiberglass idea sounds good just get one of those fiberglass rods they use as markers on bikes and use a black tie down or electrical tape to attach. Hopefully it won't add to the weight on the verticle pieces.

TeRayCodA

It's the element closest to the boom.That is the 800Mhz element(s) It is THOSE elements that were NOT included in the earlier model #5094.

I think they(Channelmaster) added this element,and,hence forth,the model#5094A evolved.

As you can tell from the pic,my bottom main element broke off too,I made one from an old,Archer ground plane CB antenna.(one of the groundplane elements)I later added the fiberglass rod.

No,the rod does'nt add much weight,but,then again,mine is side-tower mounted.

Attachments

• channelmaster03.jpg
    channelmaster03.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 844
Last edited:

sony

TeRayCodA said:
It's the element closest to the boom.That is the 800Mhz element(s) It is THOSE elements that were NOT included in the earlier model #5094.

I think they(Channelmaster) added this element,and,hence forth,the model#5094A evolved.

As you can tell from the pic,my bottom main element broke off too,I made one from an old,Archer ground plane CB antenna.(one of the groundplane elements)I later added the fiberglass rod.

From what I can tell from pic you have the fiberglass pole extending beyond the antenna. This fiberglass shouldn't interfere with reception correct?

sony

TeRayCodA said:

Does this have the 800 Mhz piece? What is the boom part?

sony

TeRayCodA said:
The 800 Mhz element is the closest to the balun connection,it will be another 3" parasitic element.
The older Channelmasters did'nt have these.It's a shame they are discontinued,those were some"hot"antennas.

So the Channel Master antennas were better than the ScantAntenna at the time?

TeRayCodA

5094 was the standard before the Scantenna.
Here is an approximate of what each element represents:
May not be accurate,but best I can recall from memory??

Attachments

• chan_1.jpg
    chan_1.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 625

sony

TeRayCodA said:
5094 was the standard before the Scantenna.
Here is an approximate of what each element represents:
May not be accurate,but best I can recall from memory??

Thans for the info again and it looks to me that I have lost my low band which is CHP monitoring. The 800 Mhz I'm not sure.
Now the Scanantenna has different types of radials or less of them facing down compared to the CM.

Status
Not open for further replies.