• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Channel with data bursts of 10 secs exactly

Status
Not open for further replies.

RedPenguin

There is a channel in my area 452.35 which "bursts" exactly 10 seconds each time so I believe it's a LTR Standard yet none of the other frequencies in the license burst or seem to come up with some IDs. I tried to put in the other channels as conventional but never heard anything. Even as an LTR system but never heard anything either.

I checked and no one else in my county nor another close county, that would make me think it's part of another system.

http://wireless2.fcc.gov/UlsApp/UlsSearch/license.jsp?licKey=1797835&__newWindow=false

Last edited:

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
LTR channel controllers have the ability to turn this option on or off. With today's equipment it's not needed. But in this case the other channels are probably set to trunk out to when the home channel, where the bursts are commonly turned on, is busy.

cg

Premium Subscriber
that company shows 26 active licenses. use the FRN to search (0005358452)
go through them all. It is not uncommon for a site to have several licenses or even for licensed freqs to be used at another site.
Put them all into a bank and scan it looking for common conversations etc.
There are some good LTR exploration discussions in previous posts
chris

RedPenguin

Passport instead?

I think the system might actually be Passport or MultiNet or something because on some of the other freqs, it bursts at 3 second intervals, so perhaps, it's one gigantic Passport system.

EDIT: bcTool reports it bursting at different rates, anywhere from 2-3.

Last edited:

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
That sounds like Passport. On the passport systems I've monitored, they liked assigning the 3 sec burst to the Registering Channel (which announces all the neighbor site registering frequencies so the radio can "roam" between sites). When you hear longer bits of open carrier on this frequency it's probably the subaudible data of a user's radio registering with the site. There will also be a local home channel and a remote home channel for voice traffic. The local home channel will carry voice traffic from people affiliated to your local site (you should hear local addresses, etc.), while the remote home channel will carry talkgroups that are networked through the whole system.

A cool example of this - I've monitored a site (Mt Diablo) on a massive Passport system by Fisher Wireless here in Northern California that was broadcasting traffic from a talkgroup belonging to air ambulance helicopters in Tuscon Arizona! They had made their passport system so big that it spanned parts of CA, NV and AZ.

Hope that helps,

Inigo

Status
Not open for further replies.