Chaos on HWY 2 especially south of Red Deer tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.

DX-300

HWY 2 South and North of Red Deer sound like chaos right now as this snow storm progresses bringing visibility down :-// Sounds like RCMP have also closed portions of it. My radios are going nuts with activity right now! I heard Red Deer EMS/Fire will be using "Simplex 13" and "Tac 7" to continue comms as they leave Red Deer.

SCPD

QRT
HWY 2 South and North of Red Deer sound like chaos right now as this snow storm progresses bringing visibility down :-// Sounds like RCMP have also closed portions of it. My radios are going nuts with activity right now! I heard Red Deer EMS/Fire will be using "Simplex 13" and "Tac 7" to continue comms as they leave Red Deer.

Sounds like Olds/Didsbury EMS / Fire have asked for help with up to three car pile ups involving 30 to 40 cars.
Heard Strathcona county EMS talking about it tonight saying to far to respond in current weather condition. Stars is is pretty much grounded in South and Centeral Alberta

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I heard from a rally colleague that a semi is on top of several vehs north of Olds.

Redwood's link to PSC Dispatch is down so I have my trunk radio on. Hearing Cochrane, Springbank, Balzac, and Irricana on C16, so I think the other links are also down.

DX-300

Crazyness, its crazyness there's also a Jackknifed Semi by Innisfail...Red Deer just opened another Dispatch talkgroup on 8080 for rural-bound ambulances as well.

Last edited:

robertmac

Premium Subscriber
Highway 1 to highway 21

This portion, both directions, east of Calgary has been closed most of the evening. No major collisions, but lots of semis blocking the roads in both directions. Also, seems like a lack of sanding trucks available to sand hills east of Strathmore. Also seems like noone really knows who is contracted to do what portion of the highway. Wasn't monitoring north of Calgary except for brief moment around 1800 local when they started to close down the highway. Did hear 71 and 72 on C16. All I can say is that with what I would call a very minor storm [compared to what we used to get years ago], it is amazing with the technology today, that we have so many collisions and highways blocked, then closed. What would have happened if this storm lasted more than the 2 hours as the front passed the area?

I believe I read that Red Deer was cutting available ambulances back from 9 to 5 over the next year. I wonder how many were requied today?

Last edited:

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Some bold predictions on the Emergency service tg's excluding database details.
Tac A4 7984 confimed should go in data base
Tac A5 8016?
Tac A6 8048?
Tac A7 8080 (pretty well confirmed from recent storm)
Tac A8 8112?
Tac A9 8144
Tac A10 8176 or 8272 which has been reported.
Could 3312 be another base station say in RCMP dispatch or County Fire?
Would Simplex 11 to 17 be the LCN's in Simplex mode?

Harry

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I looked at a Red Deer FD radio last year when I was up for a fire chief's convention. Didn't have time to log talkgroups or frequencies, but most of what you've posted seems pretty on-target. However, I would say 3312 is probably just a spare dispatch talkgroup used in busy situations like the other night. IIRC, Red Deer City dispatches for the County out of the same location. I distinctly recall hearing the same voice (on Dispatch) on both County and City channels.

I wouldn't think the simplex channels would be the same as the trunk frequencies. The trunk channels would be heard coming thru all the time into the simplex frequencies. They're probably various frequencies not included in the trunk already.

harryshute

Premium Subscriber
Jay I agree with your thinking re Simplex. Any one near Red Deer try 867.300 and 868.300. They could also be called conventional or fail soft if they leave the range of the system.

Not sure how they got protected TAFL status. Maybe RCMP has access to the system.

And re 3312 it just fit so well in the row of Voice Alert talk groups. The County fire dispatch theory makes sense.

Harry

Status
Not open for further replies.