Chapel Hill Carboro Police Changes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

murrayustud

KI4DCR
Premium Subscriber
I know that Chapel Hill Fire is still on UHF but I don't seem to be getting anything on the old UHF Chapel Hill Police freqs nor the TG's posted on Viper. Anyone monitor Chapel Hill/Carboro Police and have any info?
Thanks in advance,
Charles

redclay

chapel hill/orange & viper system....

Murray, i monitor the western triangle daily for my local news organization - I noticed that of late the CHPD, HBPD and CBOPD have joined the UNCPD using handhelds and some mobile units only on the viper system....they use subordinate channels for their temp. channels 2&3 for now...UNCPD, for instance uses OPS 10&11 as their CH. 2 &3....

I have heard some traffic by Orange Co. fire and CHFD (the recent brush fires along the interstate on Thursday evening, for instance) - they are also using portables, but will switch to regular system dispatching from the new 911 center nearing completion...

i have even heard one of the 911 dispatchers (the fellow with the maine/massachusetts accent) occasionally fielding some calls, so they are getting close....i recall talking to a capt. blackwood with orange comms. and i believe he said the center would go online in august, i think it was...

So you will hear more and more as they near the date for full integration into the viper system....I still hear some legacy fire traffic in orange, but that's about all ...hope this helps...redclay 6/27

Status
Not open for further replies.