BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Charging Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.

no8rf

Premium Subscriber
So I plugged my scanner in over 24 hours ago to charge batteries and it still reads charging, per the manual it states the display will changed to CHARGE COMPLETE but this has not happened, is that a misprint in the book ? I removed the batteries and placed them in an external wall charging unit and within 5 mins they showed fully charged, back in the radio and it shows charging.

Also was told the CMOS battery needs to be charged on this scanner, does changing the batteries the normal was take care of this or is there another way ?

Plug the USB cable into the scanner when the scanner is off and "Battery Charge" - "Start Charging? Yes = "E"/ No = "." will display. Press E/yes.
The scanner displays “Normal Charging” and charges the batteries according to the "Set Charge Time" setting.

When charging is finished "Charge Complete" will be displayed

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
EDITED (missed the tagged model).

The scanner will remain in charge condition for the time you have set in the menu. If you interrupt the USB power or turn the unit on/off during the charge, the timer will reset to 0.

To charge the RTC battery, the scanner must be on.

Last edited:

no8rf

Premium Subscriber
EDITED (missed the tagged model).

The scanner will remain in charge condition for the time you have set in the menu. If you interrupt the USB power or turn the unit on/off during the charge, the timer will reset to 0.

so the question was the unit does not show fully charged after 14 hours of charge, manual states when fully charged it will say CHARGE COMPLETE yet I have never seen this. is this a misprint in the manual. battery shows 4.31 volts for 3 1.2 volt batteries.

also how to charge CMOS battery as others have said it had to be charged

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The scanner will indicate CHARGE COMPLETE after the set time of continuously being plugged into power and turned off.

no8rf

Premium Subscriber
The scanner will indicate CHARGE COMPLETE after the set time of continuously being plugged into power and turned off.

Will have to try that as I called tech support today and they stated that the CHARGE COMPLETE was a misprint in the manual,

Does the unit have to be plugged in to charge the RTC battery? I was also told it needed to be in serial mode.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
The scanner only needs to be turned on to charge the RTC battery. It does not need to be plugged in, but if it is plugged in, then it will still charge (as long as the scanner is on and in either mass storage or serial mode).

Status
Not open for further replies.