Charging cable for HP-2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ansky

Can anyone recommend a charging cable that I can use to listen to my radio and charge it at the same time? I want something that I can plug into the wall, not the computer. The wall charger I'm using now is 1 amp and will not do both at the same time. I'm using the stock 2300mah batteries. I assume I need an adapter that outputs over 2.3 amps, correct?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Premium Subscriber
No. At that current draw the batteries would only last one hour.

The charging limitation is a regulation compliance issue, not because your adapter is too weak.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Can anyone recommend a charging cable that I can use to listen to my radio and charge it at the same time? I want something that I can plug into the wall, not the computer. The wall charger I'm using now is 1 amp and will not do both at the same time. I'm using the stock 2300mah batteries. I assume I need an adapter that outputs over 2.3 amps, correct?
The HP-2 will both charge and scan if you have an adapter with the required output and if that adapter is a 'smart' adapter that identifies itself as such (current capacity) to the scanner. While many of the adapters sold for cellphones may (or may not) have the required current capability, the higher current adapters, such as Anker do have the current output as well as indicating that to the scanner. That's what I'm using on my HP-2, and can both charge and scan at the same time.

Edit to add:
See this post.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.