Charging the unit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cbman417

I HAVE A FORMER GRE 800. UPGRADED BY WHISTLER . CAN I PLUG MY UNIT INTO MY LAPTOP USB PORT AND SCAN? I HAVE NEW RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES IN IT. THANK YOU...

CycleSycho

I HAVE A FORMER GRE 800. UPGRADED BY WHISTLER . CAN I PLUG MY UNIT INTO MY LAPTOP USB PORT AND SCAN? I HAVE NEW RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES IN IT. THANK YOU...

:confused: Not sure what your shouting about. Caps lock stuck? Anyway, it depends what you have your device set to. Have you turned off the internal charger, leaving it on all the time is not advisable. :confused:

PaMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I plug my upgraded Pro-18 into my tired old Dell D630 so that I can use Pro96com and Unitrunker. But I don't have the scanner set to charge. And it will drain the laptops battery. I wouldn't recommend it for a very long period of time.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Since I've been working at home this last month I've had my TRX-1 plugged into one of my USB ports and scanning all day, every day... no issues at all.

Machria

Premium Subscriber
Yep, sure do. They're such a PITA to remove and reinstall I just leave 'em in.

Ahmen!!! From your mouth to gods ears! I've been screaming at these companies for years to make the dang things with battery packs and drop in chargers. People should be jailed for using AA batteries for anything!

Status
Not open for further replies.