Charleston County Volunteer Rescue Squad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Can someone confirm the talkgroups for Charleston County Volunteer Rescue Squad on the Palmetto P25 system...

2051 803 D CHS CO DISP Dispatch (Fire and EMS) Multi-Dispatch
2052 804 D CC EAST OPS East Zone Dispatch Multi-Dispatch
2053 805 D CC WEST OPS West Zone Dispatch Multi-Dispatch
2058 80a D CC NORTH NIT North Zone Night Multi-Dispatch
2059 80b D CC SOUTH NIT South Zone Night Multi-Dispatch
2060 80c D CC EAST NITE East Zone Night Multi-Dispatch
2061 80d D CC WEST NITE West Zone Night Multi-Dispatch

Or this set.....

1575 627 D CCFD RQ DISP Rescue Dispatch EMS Dispatch
1576 628 D CCFD RQ Nght Rescue Night EMS Dispatch
1577 629 D CCFD RQ TALK Rescue Talk EMS-Talk
1578 62a D CCFD RQ ADMN Rescue Admin EMS-Tac

And if it's the second set, what is the top set of talkgroups.

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Can someone confirm the talkgroups for Charleston County Volunteer Rescue Squad on the Palmetto P25 system...

2051 803 D CHS CO DISP Dispatch (Fire and EMS) Multi-Dispatch
2052 804 D CC EAST OPS East Zone Dispatch Multi-Dispatch
2053 805 D CC WEST OPS West Zone Dispatch Multi-Dispatch
2058 80a D CC NORTH NIT North Zone Night Multi-Dispatch
2059 80b D CC SOUTH NIT South Zone Night Multi-Dispatch
2060 80c D CC EAST NITE East Zone Night Multi-Dispatch
2061 80d D CC WEST NITE West Zone Night Multi-Dispatch

Or this set.....

1575 627 D CCFD RQ DISP Rescue Dispatch EMS Dispatch
1576 628 D CCFD RQ Nght Rescue Night EMS Dispatch
1577 629 D CCFD RQ TALK Rescue Talk EMS-Talk
1578 62a D CCFD RQ ADMN Rescue Admin EMS-Tac

And if it's the second set, what is the top set of talkgroups.

Charleston County EMS Primary Dispatch is 2050
Charleston County Rescue Squad Primary Dispatch is 1575
Charleston County Rescue Squad *Night* Dispatch is 1576
Charleston County Rescue Squad Car to Car/Talk is 1577
Charleston County Rescue Squad Administration is 1578 And should be EMS TALK per our handbook.

2051 is the Primary Countywide Fire & EMS Dispatch on the Zone/District/Sector level.
Though those are tagged wrong and should just be Fire Dispatch per our handbook, as Fire and EMS dispatch together are just to be tagged Fire Dispatch. If they also included say, SO, then they would get the multi.

Last edited by a moderator:

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Is 2051 is the automated voice dispatching the call and assigning the incident channel I hear ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INDY72

You should hear Locution Dispatching on all the dispatch TGs for initial dispatch, then you might hear vocal from Control Operators for updated data, urgent info messages, and during dispatcher/controller training, or if Locution goes down.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Ok I'm listening on the broadcastify feed and thought the Locution was coming over the same TG for EVERYONE since it assigns an incident channel to call out on. Didn't realize it was coming over their individual talkgroups.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
So I spent a day in Charleston and maybe others can confirm what I'm hearing vs what's in the database.

TG 2051 was Locution for FIRE/EMS when a Town or City is also being dispatched. For example,
I would hear Mt Pleasant calls dispatched over north 2051 AND their "ops" talkgroup. Same for Charleston, North Charleston, Isle of Palms and Sullivan's Island FDs. I did not hear any other comms on either the 2051 Locution talkgroup OR the ops talkgroups. Agencies called out to dispatch on their assigned "Incident" channel.

2053 was for Locution for County Medics including move ups/relocations. So if it was just an EMS call that the Medic was dispatched to, I only heard it on 2053. I didn't hear anything on the other "multi-dispatch" or "night" channels.

Which leads me to the question of whether the Ops channels for each FD are even monitored at the Consolidated 911 Center since everyone is always assigned an Incident channel. BUT, what if a unit not on a call just comes up upon something like a crash....do they have standard Incident channels to contact dispatch. Seemed like most medicals were getting assigned to Incident 5 and Alarms to 7, so one of those ?

The only other Fire or EMS channel I heard activity on was CC EMS Meet which I'm assuming is a Tac Channel for rig to rig. Just looking for some more confirmation as I only spent a day there and would really love to narrow things down of all these talkgroups.

Also, I could have sworn I heard Sullivan's Island PD getting dispatched on Isle of Palms channel....

INDY72

SI, and IoP do interop as they are basically neighbors. You can also hear CPD on FB TGs, and vice versa sometimes when they work together on incidents. Especially since CPD jurisdiction goes all over JI to nearly the FB town line. (Last I knew, CCSO and CPD shared the coverage of James Island.) Fire wise, James Island has its own FD still, and has mutual aid from FBFD, and CFD.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
What is the other Charleston? site listed in the database. Do they have a standalone site not part of the Simulcast somewhere ? If so, does it carry the same traffic. I heard some Charleston traffic off the Summerville site but wasen't getting all the talkgroups....seemed like only the north ones such as CCSO North, North Charleston PD and CC EMS dispatch

brian

DB Administrator
Database Admin
I have never been able to figure out the "mystery" Charleston site. I haven't run Pro96Com on this system in several years, but that's where information about that site was determined.

There used to a be a separate site in the McClellanville area serving the north end, but it was merged with the main simulcast site some time ago. There's also a site now at Edisto Beach along with the site in Summerville.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Next time I'm up in the area I'm going to have to run Unitrunker on both those sites and see what talkgroups they carry.

If anyone has a radio ID list as well, it would help me to identify some of the unknown talkgroups.

Status
Not open for further replies.