Charleston EMS

Status
Not open for further replies.

btritch

My Local Ambulance Company Uses 150-805 Input And 155.400 Output On Their repeater. Constantly we hear traffic come over Charleston To Ambulance 1 2 Or 3, They Call Charleston To Request Run Numbers, Call Descriptions, Etc. I Thought It Was New Madrid County Missouri But It Doesn't Add Up To Be Them. It's Got To Be Transmitting On An Output Of 150.805 For Our Repeater Here To Pick It Up. I Have Checked In South/North Carolina, West Virginia, Missouri, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas And Mississippi And Haven't Found An Output Of Ems Relating To Charleston In These States. It's Not Just Some Night When Skip Is Up. It's Constant Every Day Almost 24 Hours. Does Anyone Have Any Idea Where They Could Be Located?

Thanks!
Brian

semo

Your possibly hearing the EMS service at Charleston, Missouri. They use 150.805 146.2PL FCC Callsign KDA725 Details as their input and it is identical to the input for Arkansas Methodist Hospital EMS in Greene County, ARK. The base for the Mississippi County (MO) EMS is referred to as "Charleston". There is a decent distance between the two, but I'm not sure the repeater there would have to be picking up an "output". It seems possible to me that the repeater in Greene County, Arkansas may be picking up both areas input since they have the same output and PL tone. They are around 75 miles apart so the repeater in Greene County must be a good one.

Caesar

Premium Subscriber
My Local Ambulance Company Uses 150-805 Input And 155.400 Output On Their repeater. Constantly we hear traffic come over Charleston To Ambulance 1 2 Or 3, They Call Charleston To Request Run Numbers, Call Descriptions, Etc. I Thought It Was New Madrid County Missouri But It Doesn't Add Up To Be Them. It's Got To Be Transmitting On An Output Of 150.805 For Our Repeater Here To Pick It Up. I Have Checked In South/North Carolina, West Virginia, Missouri, Tennessee, Alabama, Arkansas And Mississippi And Haven't Found An Output Of Ems Relating To Charleston In These States. It's Not Just Some Night When Skip Is Up. It's Constant Every Day Almost 24 Hours. Does Anyone Have Any Idea Where They Could Be Located?

Thanks!
Brian

are yall not using any ctcss/dpl tone with the repeater?

btritch

Ah, So It's Not The Output Coming In On Our Input, It's The Actual Radio Itself On The Input..That's Cool, Oh And our systems here in our county, well they're up high and it's a good one, I heard them in Mountain Home Arkansas 187 miles away last weekend.
And i can hear them in the truck uh I'd say a good 75 miles away in Hardy Arkansas clear. They cover multiple counties so it has to be strong. We can't really make out the Charleston Traffic a lot of the times but sometimes it can be clear as a bell such as ambulance 1 2 3 etc. can make it all out some night can't. I'm also picking up someone on one of our county fire channels 154.995 input of 159.405 PL 107.2. It's Oak Grove Heights Fire Dept. I can hear a lot of the times it's not hearable but a lot of times it is also, they pick up Boliver Missouri Sheriff's Department some 180 miles NW quite a bit.
and our other county channel 156.225 input 154.770 PL now of 82.5 but it used to be 100.0 and we heard Jackson or somewhere in Mississippi All The Time So they finally changed to 82.5 to stop that.
Our PD can be heard clear from a good 70 miles away, I have heard them in Dexter Missouri Before... So yes, ALL of the county systems here are strong repeaters, They're not at the PD etc. offices, They're located off a city street on a tower 150 feet in the air which is one reason why. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.