Charleston towers

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I don't know if the weather has anything to do with it,but I can't get the control channels for either the Kanawha or malden control channels in the last couple of days with my Pro 2096(both Pax and Ansted are fine). Just want to see if anyone is having any troubles with theirs(outside of charleston)

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Jess,I'm thinking there's some interference or something somewhere down the line(or the weather) since I can pick up both Ansted and Pax with no problems

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
naw,inside magnetic mount antenna(right next to the window though),we'll see how it goes tomorrow,crazy how I have no trouble with either Ansted or Pax but zip from either Charleston towers

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Charleston CC's

Thanks,chad let me know how it goes

Well from the Wal-Mart parking lot I was able to receive the Clay site, Pax site, and Ansted site but I guess I'm just too far away for the Charleston Sites. Sorry about that. I figured that I would have gotten at least Malden.

Chad

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Started getting the towers again a couple of days ago,dunno why I had nothing with my 2096(fine with the Pro 106) and getting traffic again,must've been the weather or something.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Where is the clay tower located,btw? I gotta look at the database and check if I can tune in the control freq(if it's anywhere near dixie I might have shot I dunno lol)

Edit:eh? I see no listing for clay tower in the database or wiki?

Last edited:

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Braxton Site

Where is the clay tower located,btw? I gotta look at the database and check if I can tune in the control freq(if it's anywhere near dixie I might have shot I dunno lol)

Edit:eh? I see no listing for clay tower in the database or wiki?

My fault guys. It is the Elmira Site in Braxton Co. I just worded it wrong. The CC is 453.5625 and covers Summersville pretty good. I haven't heard any traffic off of it though. I don't know why I called it the Clay Site for.

Chad

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
Braxton Site

meh just tried to tune in that 453.5625 and get nothin' must be too far away

I have to be in Summersville and sometimes in certain spots in craigsville to receive it. I cannot receive it here at the house. To give a good general idea where it is located I looked at a WV map today and Elmira is located a few miles to the west of Servia.

It really covers I-79 good from Sutton all the way down to about Elkview in Kanawha County. The downside is that I've never heard any activity on it at all. I had heard from a coworker friend who's son works for Braxton Control that there is plans to build a new 911 center in Flatwoods and then start using the WVIRP for communications in the future but I'm unsure of the time frame.

Chad

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
That might be a long ways off but dunno,isn't there a regional jail on the top the hill overlooking flatwoods? I can see a need for a 911 center there and close to the interstate too.

ab8sn

Premium Subscriber
That might be a long ways off but dunno,isn't there a regional jail on the top the hill overlooking flatwoods? I can see a need for a 911 center there and close to the interstate too.

I totally agree. They would have a lot better radio coverage up there as well. I'm assuming that it will be within the next couple years. Access would be a lot easier as well since it would be just right off the interstate.

I figured that they would already be using the WVIRP since Gassaway, Burnsville, and Elmira sites are all active now. Must not have the equipment yet to do so.

Chad

Status
Not open for further replies.