Charlotte FD foreground

Status
Not open for further replies.

newsnick175

Premium Subscriber
CFD has a five alarm fire in a storage facility. I’m not close enough to be able to hear if there are any simplex foreground comms. The question is does CFD normally use a simplex foreground channel at working fires and are they the known 800 MHz frequencies?

trumpetman

Database Admin
Simplex is only used if there is no coverage in a large structure which is rare but happens occasionally. The primary zones have 8TAC93D and the DVRS channel (770.9625) for use when needed.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
CFD has a five alarm fire in a storage facility. I’m not close enough to be able to hear if there are any simplex foreground comms. The question is does CFD normally use a simplex foreground channel at working fires and are they the known 800 MHz frequencies?
As a long time listener to CFD on Charlotte Meck UASI system, I can tell you they normally use the talkgroups OPS 1B through OPS 1J for most incidents with OPS 1J being the airport ops talkgroup.

jake_Braker

C/O 2Ø21
Premium Subscriber
As a long time listener to CFD on Charlotte Meck UASI system, I can tell you they normally use the talkgroups OPS 1B through OPS 1J for most incidents with OPS 1J being the airport ops talkgroup.
I pretty much only have 3 talkgroups on one position for my pager which is CFD disp, MCF disp and 1J. Better than trying to hold on alam or MCF disp when driving. Just throw her on my meck zone, position 7 and good to go throughout Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.