Charlotte Meck school busses

Status
Not open for further replies.

kg4pbd

I know school bus monitoring isn't at the top of most of your lists however it's the first day of school and I'm trying to break down how the school bus talkgroups correspond to different areas/schools (keeping tabs on my kid's bus!).

Talkgroup 6256 is referred to as "South Base". Does anyone know if elementary through high school use one area talkgroup or if they break it up beyond geographic regions?

BTW, it's interesting listening this morning! That's a lot to coordinate with as many kids as this system has.

nitroboie

IIRC when I use to ride the bus... they all used the same geographic talkgroup, but since the schools run on different schedules it was rare to hear "overlapping" traffic. The high school buses usually run first, then elementary, then middle school. Many of the drivers that drive for the high school also take middle school routes.

Good luck on the monitoring, I know the talkgroups are listed... but it's pretty hard to distinguish who's who unless you know quite a few of the bus numbers.

bonus1331

I've submitted a bunch of school bus frequencies to the database over the years, but trying to figure out how it works has been near impossible even with recording and logging.
Gave up trying...

Status
Not open for further replies.