Charlotte, North Carolina area railroad police frequencies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

westside351

Premium Subscriber
Hello all, can anyone tell me if Norfolk Southern railroad police has any talk groups on the Charlotte Mecklenburg TRS? The reason I ask is Norfolk Southern as a police field office right next to the Amtrak station in Charlotte across from Channel 9 Studios. At various times when I visit the area I have spotted multiple police vehicles marked and unmarked sitting at the office and also patrolling the railroad yard. So I am curious how and if they communicate with the Charlotte Mecklenburg police if they become involved in an incident around the railroad, most railroad police agents work alone and really have no form of backup so this is why I'm wondering if they have capability of calling into CMP D? There is a tower sitting next to their office and I used to hear communications once in awhile on the systemwide railroad police frequency 161.205 but that was years ago. They could be using cell phones, or even possibly some of the mutual aid to Mecklenburg TRS challenge but I'm kind doubting that... anyways I would greatly appreciate any help and insight into this. Thanks!

BTW... CSX railroad also as many of you probably know has a yard facility out in West Charlotte, but I'm not sure if they have any of their company police base their or not or if CSX has a talk group on the Mecklenburg TRS or not...

Status
Not open for further replies.