Charlottesville/Albe/UVA 800 Sys News

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
Hello All,

After talking to a friend that is a 911 dispatcher for CECC, I've gotten some updates. CECC is currently in the process of upgrading their 911 system to Nexgen 911. This will make it so that you can send a text to 911 and request emergency services, (jury's still out on whether this is an entirely good idea or not, I guess so overall). Supposed to be in place by, March or April 2015. After that, they will replace their CAD system with New World Systems CAD to get rid of Motorola Printrak (which has been awful from my understanding). After that is up and running, they will begin the process of upgrading the 800 system to a new Motorola APX System. They have already purchased several APX handhelds and mobiles. From what I understand, testing may currently be going on with some of the radios. My source at CECC has said that they aim to have a new 800 sys in place by June 2016. That's what I know, I will continue to update as I know more.

QDP2012

Good info. Can you tell if they are headed toward P25 Phase 2, as mentioned in an earlier thread, or is that no longer being discussed?

Thanks for keeping us up to date,

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
800 System

QDP2012,

From my discussions in the the motorola thread, I asked this question, and although I have not gotten a definite yes or no from the county, it does appear that they are headed to a Phase 2 system based on the radio equipment they have bought so far (APX 6000 and 6500 Radios). The people in the motorola forum said that that would be the logical upgrade based on the equipment they bought. Looks like in the near future I will be buying a BC436HP handheld even though I have heard of several bugs from upgrades in firmware, etc. GRE rubbed me the wrong way.

QDP2012

Well, it looks like I might be shopping for a Phase 2 capable scanner, too.

Thanks again,

Dafe1er

Off in a far away place, far from u.......
Truth be told the BCD436 is a good scanner to have for these systems out here. You just need to make sure you have good antennas for home and in the car. I have tested the Phase 2 out in Loudoun County (earlier last year) and it seemed to do OK on the Phase 2 side of scanning . Phase 1 it does really well. Still choppy at times and you will get the digital feed back once in a while but for the most part, it has done me well for what I use it for. Just my 2 cents.

Status
Not open for further replies.