Charlottesville/Albemarle simulcast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nitsud

Yea the uniden's did just fine on STARS, however i found the 106 to be better at holding on a certain talk group and not missing as much traffic as the unidens. Richmond's systems as well as Culpepers 800 simulcast as well as fair fix worked just fine.

BlueMoon2

Premium Subscriber
I'm very surprised to read this. My uniden 996xt works just fine for me on the albemarle system. Granted it does have problems around hydraulic rd and rio rd but that's it. Good to know about the hp radios

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Nitsud,

I think Fredva mentioned this, but does your scanner have the latest firmware? Also does it have the latest download from Sentinel for the system?

Nitsud

It did at the time, but I have since gotten rid of the 536hp. In my own opinion, it is no better or worse than the 996XT was on this system. The ONLY reason I keep a scanner in my vehicle is to monitor this simulcast system, so, even though the 536 had cool bells and whistles, the 197 is for superior to receive this system. Now I just gotta find one to buy.

fredva

Feed Provider
I'm very surprised to read this. My uniden 996xt works just fine for me on the albemarle system. Granted it does have problems around hydraulic rd and rio rd but that's it. Good to know about the hp radios

Does your 996xt have the latest firmware or an older version?

Status
Not open for further replies.