Charlottesville/ Albemarle System

Status
Not open for further replies.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
I am not picking up any talkgroups for Charlottesville Fire. I seem to be picking up all other agencies on the city/ county TRS, but have only logged 1 hit on CFD in the past few weeks that I've had the 500 (I think it was TAC 3). I am only seeing one transmitter site in the database, so this isn't making sense to me. Are there any explanations?

Thanks,
Todd

prthorsenjr

I noticed this also ...

tglendye,

I too noticed that I had not picked up anything from the CFD. However, it came to me last night as I was listening.

Wonder what gives?

Pete

AWiley

Re: Not being able to hear CFD

Hi, I am a volunteer firefighter with the city of Charlottesville. The reason that you have not been able to hear any traffic on "CFCOM" or "CF TAC 2" or any other of those channels, is because CFD is no longer talking on that group of talkgroups. That list is only for extreme back-up in the case that we have a back log of calls that we need extra channels for working incidents.

To be able to hear traffic for CFD, you actually need to listen to "AFRCOM" and "FRTAC 3." This is where the Albemarle/Cville/UVA operations are taking place as it relates to fire/ems. About a year maybe two ago, the CFD decided to combine all operations with Albemarle County Fire/Rescue.

That's why you haven't been able to hear anything on the CFD talkgroups. Let me know if I can help with anything else. The deputy chief and I, both monitor this website for changes. I'd be glad to help.

Be safe.

Andrew

gcgrotz

Thanks for the reply Andrew. I remember hearing about that change (I think it was on here) some time ago. It seems to be working well.

Someone recently said that fire is going to move dispatch paging to 155.835 along with rescue. Is that information reliable? It should work better but a lot of volunteers will have to replace their trusty old pagers.

AWiley

Re: 800 System

Yeah that information is very reliable. We are looking into right now. I have been talking with Deputy Chief Grimm with city fire, and it is being discussed. No one knows what will happen.

PM me if you want with any questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.