CharMeck Emergency Bridge vs. M.A.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bonus1331

Per a suggestion from KG4PBD, I have been parking two scanners on the PD Mutual Aid and one on the Emergency Bridge TG's.
There seems to be alot more traffic on the Emergency Bridge TG rather than the PD Mutual Aid.
My understanding is that both pretty much have the same function. Is there any protocol on dispatchers using one rather than the other?
Is one used exclusively for dispatchers, while the other is for patrol?
Thanks

Newshound

Premium Subscriber
Emergency Bridge

Emergency Bridge is used to talk between Police, Fire and Medic dispatch within the Mecklenburg County area. Police MA is used to talk between police agencies both within and outside the county. Fire and Medic also have MA talkgroups to link with outside agencies.

Emergency Bridge is used strictly between dispatch centers within the county, and patrol units do not have access to it. The patrol units do have access to the MA talkgroups, and can go direct with other agencies if needed.

I hope this helps explain things.

Bob

CFDtracker

Another good thing to know about Emergency Bridge, is how the dispatch centers refer to one another.

Often I’ve heard them use their dispatch center names over their agency names.
Charlotte Fire Dept dispatch is called: ALARM
Mecklenburg County Medic dispatch is called: C-MED
Mecklenburg County Fire dispatch is called: CENTRAL

ie “ALARM to C-MED … reference call at …”
That is a CFD dispatcher trying to raise a Medic dispatcher on the radio

Hope this provides a little insight.

derekjmu

Premium Subscriber
All Mecklenburg County Comm Centers have BRIDGE-4 (Radio Services name) or Emergency Bridge. It was initially created to give Comm Centers a TG to go to for any kind of radio or phone system failure, to communicate between centers. A more day-to-day use has been discovered & you now hear quite a bit of traffic on it.

MCSO, Matthews PD, N Meck PD, and Pineville PD Comm Centers all have BRIDGE-4 also.

City Radio Services will also use BRIDGE-4 to communicate with all Comm Centers when they do upgrades to Trunking Controllers or do anything that might interrupt radio service, so that everyone knows what is going on.

CMPD, CFD & MEDIC often use it to pass info so that if one is talking to another, the third can hear the traffic also. One radio call can sometimes be equivalent to two seperate phone calls.

also, Cabarrus Co. Comm Center monitors our POLICE-MA TG.

IMAP TMC (Traffic Management Center) monitors all Mutual Aid TGs.

Status
Not open for further replies.