Chassis for a Uniden BCD536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

divison200

I recently returned my 536hp to Uniden repair for a tuning knob and a new chassis and front trim.

The tuning knob was replaced but not the chassis and front trim. Anyone know where I could get a

new outer chassis?

derevs

G&G no chassis at this time
It depends what you are calling "chassis".
In my vocabulary "chassis" would refer to the circuit board which you could only get from Uniden, Maybe.
I however believe you are probably referring to is a case, front or rear.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I would consider the "chassis" to be the metal frame that goes around the scanner and to which everything attaches. Whether or not that's what Uniden considers the chassis, I don't know. I asked at one time because when I sent my 536HP in for a new scroll wheel Uniden did replace the chassis. I never got an answer to the question.

The OP specifically asked for the chassis to be replaced, so maybe he knows exactly what part it is.

It depends what you are calling "chassis".
In my vocabulary "chassis" would refer to the circuit board which you could only get from Uniden, Maybe.
I however believe you are probably referring to is a case, front or rear.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
I've always called this the "shroud" Maybe that's just me
I've called it the 'outer skin' or outer cover(s).
The chassis, I always considered that as the piece inside that everything mounts to just like garys said.
If you look at a car, the chassis is basically what they call the frame which is also called the chassis by many in the industry. It holds everything including the fenders which are the outer covers or skin in this situation.

Most radio chassis are made from cast aluminum in quality radios (both commercial and amateur) while scanners and many consumer products are usually steel as they don't require the amount of detail that a commercial or amateur radio usually needs.

A few of the new uniden mobiles had two sets of covers or skins. One visible when fully assembled and then another set of covers underneath that which become exposed when you remove the outer covers for DIN mounting.
If you can find someone that did a DIN mount of a 536HP, you might be able to see if they did not throw away the outer covers are skins that are no longer used when DIN mounting.

kruser

Premium Subscriber
Repair report said, under parts used: Chassis?, tuning knob and S701

I think I'd be calling and ask what chassis they replaced!
If it was all covered under warranty, you may hit a dead end but I'd still try calling just to satisfy your curiosity.

Maybe they just replaced the front chassis which I think holds the controls in place amongst other things. I'm pretty sure that front chassis piece can be separated from the rest of the main chassis.

Status
Not open for further replies.