Chat room?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chronic

Have you ever thought about adding a chat room to the site ? Maybe a IRC channel ?

Last edited:

Dude111

An Awesome Dude
That might be nice but I wonder how active it would be?

Im on other sites that have chat rooms and no one really uses it.....

I wouldnt mind having one,talk with friends and all :)

WB9YBM

A chat room would only necessitate a whole new group of Moderators to police disputes, disagreements and misbehavior.

In other words, more DRAMA. I can do without it.

In addition to that, though, would also be positives as well. It all depends on how much we want to invest in this web site; are we dedicated and enthusiastic enough to do that?

air-scan

Radio Reference has been successful without a chat room. Forum's provide plenty of communications amongst members. Some may have created radio related Discord channels. There are a few IRC channels on Freenode and other IRC networks. I don't think Radio Reference want's to have to 'police' another feature. They have enough on their plate with maintaining the forums, their web site, the database, and Broadcastify. That seems to be a very huge responsibility.

I certainly wouldn't add a chat room because of the current level of responsibility is great enough if it was me. Put yourself in their shoes while you think about making requests. If your asking this for your own pleasure without seeing their side of things then perhaps you should think about it more.

Here is a good chat room for all radio
Radio Hobbyists Discord Channel

Have fun

kc6zkp

So would this be a place to post a question / suggestion about the terminology used in the database? My very first post on this forum.

KevinC

Junior Radio Guru
Super Moderator
So would this be a place to post a question / suggestion about the terminology used in the database? My very first post on this forum.

No it wouldn't. Please start a new thread in the database forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.